Diode Clipper ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How do you install a diode clipper ? I was told by a amp tech that I could run 2 diodes in paralell with a resistor and it would create a sort of tube screamer effect but he won`t elaborate on how to install the 2 diodes or what kinds to get? I was thinking of useing 2 1N4007`s and soldering them together with the banded ends oppossite each other then solder that to each end of the resistor he mentioned ? Is that the correct way to run them paralell with the resistor?

Thanks for the info guys, my Mace has a solid state pre amp and I love the tones this amp gets but would like to add more crunch to the onboard distortion. It does great for power chords but needs a little extra for the lead. Thought about a EQ pedal or a clean boost but with it being a solid state pre amp doubt it would get the extra it needs without squealing all over the place. With the amp having 2 channels I just do the one and use it for solos.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.