Please help me fix my Phonic 2500 Pot?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, please can someone help me, I have a phonic 2500 amp that plays perfectly from channel 1 but channel 2 is stuck at full volume regardless of the position of the volume pot on the front.
Please can someone tell me if its likely i need a new volume pot for channel 2 and if i do, what spec it needs to be, part number etc or a service manual that contains the info.
Thanks in advance. Al.

Have tested that pot and it definately isn't changing the resistance, checked i was doing correctly on channel 1 and that does change, I have also noticed that the fan isn't working, i removed it and tested it externally and it is fine,but not working when attached to the amp.

Any idea if the broken vol pot would be effecting the power to the fan?

Also, now i have the amp home every other time i switch it on it trips the fuse box for the sockets in the house. I have tested 3 internal fuses and the fuse in the plug and all are ok.

Are there more fuses somewhere?

Any idea what could be causing this?

Many thanks, Al.

Have tested that pot and it definately isn't changing the resistance, checked i was doing correctly on channel 1 and that does change, I have also noticed that the fan isn't working, i removed it and tested it externally and it is fine,but not working when attached to the amp. Any idea if the broken vol pot would be effecting the power to the fan?

It won't affect it. It's possible the fan only comes on as the heatsink warms up.

Also, now i have the amp home every other time i switch it on it trips the fuse box for the sockets in the house. I have tested 3 internal fuses and the fuse in the plug and all are ok.

This looks like a stage amp. My guess here is the amp consumes a high inrush current when turned on, and that trips the breaker. What rating is the circuit, 15A or 32A ?

As for the pot, what markings are on it?

Have tested that pot and it definately isn't changing the resistance, checked i was doing correctly on channel 1 and that does change, I have also noticed that the fan isn't working, i removed it and tested it externally and it is fine,but not working when attached to the amp.

Any idea if the broken vol pot would be effecting the power to the fan?

Are there more fuses somewhere?

Any idea what could be causing this?

Many thanks, Al.

Yes you need a new pot then.
I cant imagine the pot affecting the fan unless the pot has gone open and is affecting somehow the DC conditions of the amplifier and the amp has gone into protect mode.

This looks like a stage amp. My guess here is the amp consumes a high inrush current when turned on, and that trips the breaker. What rating is the circuit, 15A or 32A ?

As for the pot, what markings are on it?

Hi Jatcee, thanks for your reply, I'm not sure what the rating of the circuit is, how can i find this out.

The pot is marked with ( 134F 5KAX2 )

Thank you. Al.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.