Crest CPX 2600 blowned

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HAllo,
I have problem with my CXP-2600. There was blowned 4 output transistors. After replacement the amp blowned again after 2 days other transistors in the same output. It was without signal, just the fan goes in high speed and main fuse switched off the amp. I replaced blown transistors again, but the amp works as before. After 10 min, fan in high speed and the Q115 is hot (all transistors were replaced). I turn it quickly off, becose i mean, the transitors will blown again. Output, supply is OK, i checked it with osciloskop. Has somebody schematics diagram, or can you help me with this problem? Thanks!

Hallo everybody

Thakns you for your advice, it was very helpful for me. Especialy thanks for powerflux, he sent me schematics.. I replaced the triac on the output (thanks audiomachines) but there was no change. I chcek output (DC, oscilatte - OK). If i checked bias, there was sometimes voltage changes. I replaced bias potenciometer and it works! Bias adjustment is OK, no heating of transistor as before. I have to try it for long time, but for now it looks good... Thaks one more time for everybody!

Bias current

Hi Maniacs !!!
I have CPX 2600 with one burned channel too. All the elements on the right channel mounted on the radiator was short cirquited, some was blown with fire and there was a blown tracs on the board. The board was very dirty especially at the back of the board where there are two not shorted jumpers wich are likely for setting the bias current, I supposed. I have replaced all end transistors with original TOSHIBA. I will be thankfull if someone can send me a scheme of that amp, so i can adjust the bias current precisely before I begin to blow speakers again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.