Amplifier protect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have a soundlab cpa-120 amplifier. When connected the power light comes on but the red protect light flashes on and off making the power light go dim. I know absolutely nothing about amplifiers or electrics and would be grateful for any ideas as to why this is happening and what could be done to rectify it

Cheers

WayneB:confused:

Hi,

If your have your speakers connected to the amp, you might start by making sure nothing's wrong with the speakers. If you continue experiencing the same problem even with your speakers being disconnected, there might be something really wrong with the amp and I'm not sure you will be able to do anything to rectify it without at least some basic knowledge of electronics. It could be rather dangerous for you to try and repair the thing yourself so it would be best for you (as well as your amp) to take it to your local repair-shop.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.