diyAudio (
-   Solid State (
-   -   Help inditify a capacitor type (

Algar_emi 29th April 2010 03:24 AM

Help inditify a capacitor type
1 Attachment(s)
Hi. I need your help guys. Anyone can help me identify this capacitor type.
Value is 1000pF. Thanks in advance.

unclejed613 29th April 2010 05:02 AM

SMT monolithic film capacitor is what it looks like.

Algar_emi 29th April 2010 02:34 PM

Hi. Thanks for the reply, but I knew that as well ;)

I was searching for the type of film cap, maybe the color can tell use something?

unclejed613 29th April 2010 11:38 PM

there was a time when it was true that you could find out what type of cap it was by it's construction or manufacturer stock number printed on the cap. unfortunately there is no longer enough room on them to print much of anything anymore, and they're all pretty much the same shape, and come in a handful of physical sizes, and have pretty much identical construction (rectangular, monolithic multilayer), and the only way to find out is analyzing the chemical composition of it.

the most common material used is polyethylene film (PEN)

sumaudioguy 30th April 2010 05:08 PM

Has a stacked metal film look to me but that could easily be incorrect.

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2