Residual Current Limiter for 70V and 100V audio line Amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Residual Current may went through anything that giving current path to the ground instead of existing cable.

Attachments

• residu.PNG
    residu.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 137
The danger is the voltage.
The design is later, The problem is it useful or not needed. Because I have seen many of engineer in my country still using 70Vline when 100Vline with better efficiency is available and supported by both amplifier and loudspeaker. But the other side there many people says that proper isolator will fine, worrying is not needed.
Thanks.

Of course not all of amplifier output is transformer coupled. Also not all of them rarely reaching its peak value, because sometimes high compressed signal is given to the amplifier.
I got from you that it is not needed when the output is transformer coupled. Also 100V cannot kill me.
Hmm. OK.

Yes, most of them using output transformer. And why they (the engineer) not using 100V and 70V is still the most used. If I ask them, they just say that it is dangerous.
May they just frightened by yellow shock warning, and then use another choice (70V).

Last edited:
no ...that is lack of knowledge ...the voltage of 100v can be reaced only at peaks it is not leathl even if you touch both of the wires that come out of the amplifier and also what scratches your hand is not the voltage but the high frequency ...

that is why in most of countries eventhough "100v" lines of sound go under the regulations of "low power" signals.... letus not forget that the use of these systems in hotels ,hospitals and other areas where a small amount of power while hundreds of speakers are connected to the same line is very common practice

if there was safety issues with signals like that be sure that in each country regulations and rules waxs going to be made by aythority to secure that

safe regards sakis

Thank sakis,
You right, the scratches is caused by high frequency. I remember my friend told me about body capacitance when I help him in his neural stimulator project. Human body will more capacitive at higher frequency, therefore the line will only scratching hand and not whole of body like 220V 50Hz do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.