Dx Troyan, a 650 watts channel amplifier. - Page 32 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th December 2010, 06:17 PM   #311
diyAudio Member

Default I have not absolute sure it will be done...these are my plans

but those plans depend on a range of pre conditions.

I want 30 guys (minimum) from the Brazilian group, who enroll and ensure that they are together from the beginning to the end of the project.
... because some of them order boards without know exactly how the project will cost and stop when perceive that gonna spend a lot of money..

I have asked a study of costs..we are preparing list of parts and people will search price lists and special prices when ordering in big quantities.... we can have discount when ordering 120 heatsinks...for instance.

This way people will know how cheap or expensive the project gonna result to their pockets.... i want top high end pcboards..the best ones we can manufacture in São Paulo..and this costs a lot...much more than you pay in China... and i want them Made in Brazil.

Mitchel was invited to produce boards inspired in Alex mm boards, with some modifications i want to make.... he have not confirmed if will be free at april to produce boards and gerbers, to manage National and International group buy and to start to manage the baords production in the end of april to ship boards at end June as dead line.

I am organizing together my people, several group buys to them to order parts (to Brazil only because high costs of shipment to overseas)... we want to be buying heatsinks, transformers, enclosures, transistors, condensers and all hardware in advance to board's production.

Well.... we have collected 10 signatures in two days.... till January i hope we gonna collect all 30 minimum quantity to go go ahead and advance into the project... also Michael may be invited to produce design and boards to active filter input...have to create and test them.

I do think group buy here will be for boards only...well...this depends on Mitchel, not me.

We wish to run these things along January, february, march and april.

We are just starting to work with it.... the amplifier is ready to go..only small modifications to make it exclusive to subwoofer (i am deciding if gonna accept what my friends ask about..i am not sure if this is a good idea as we may loose a full range amplifier when we can have two switching the input active filter...by passing it or bypassing them).

So...there are many things to arrange and organize ... I hope to get this project put in motion soon.

For a while i cannot guarantee it gonna run...for instance...if Mitchel dennied to produce boards.... then everything gonna stop...i want some different things in that board and i need to explain in portuguese, will be easier than to explain to Alex mm.

I big hug Tryonziess... thank you by the traditional confidence...and let's wish that everything gonna be all rigth.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 19th December 2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 20th December 2010, 09:38 AM   #312
diyAudio Member

Default It is all right...Mitchel have accepted

We may run a new Troyan (revised and customized to 600 Watts - 4 ohms)

Will be the last DIY project developed, by uncle Charlie, for the DIY community.... after July we gonna be forum readers and our site will have amplifiers as business.

Advertising in posts will finish and we gonna be reading forum only....so, advertising will be stopping 6 monthes before we will changing from DIY to business....we may have paid oficial advertising in this forum after July....but will be paid advertising....some videos as demonstration will be made because along these next monthes we will be running DIY (the spirit...for free...non profit) and group buy.

I will be giving follow up to the Supercharged too...boards to " Made in Brazil Troyan", will be high end double face boards....the best possible quality achieved from board manufacturers in Brasil will be the target.

layout will be created end june...boards will be ordered and shipped second week of July.....and they will be DIY.....then follow up will be provided till the ones have ordered boards, inside group buy inside this forum, assemble their units.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 20th December 2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 20th December 2010, 11:15 AM   #313
diyAudio Member

Carlos,
If at all possible I would like the heatsinks, whether multiple small ones or a single large one, to come from Brazil. From what I have seen in the past we can purchase in your country for a very good price. Many of the large aluminum conglomerates are melting aluminum in your area. Most of the large casting at work have Brazil stamped on them.
Please keep us up to date on this. And good luck with the commercial venture. Also, Have a very nice Christmas to you and your family.

Tad
Old 20th December 2010, 11:29 AM   #314
diyAudio Member

Default As soon we start brazilian group buy for heatsinks,

then i will put you in contact with the heatsink brazilian group buy manager to provide you the heatsinjks you want.

Do not worry....i will not forget that.

You arrange details with him...for sure will be without profit...amd you are right....Alcoa and all important industries are making huge investments here... a heatsink alike you could see...27 by 12 centimetes is costing something around 10 USD each....i believe this is not expensive...they are heavy, almost 2 pounds of aluminium each piece...and able to work with a 130 watts amplifier driving full power to each piece of heatsink...and this in a 30 degrees celsius environment.

regards,

Carlos
Old 18th February 2011, 08:29 PM   #315
diyAudio Member

Default The Troyan.... a big power unit.... a very huge machine

Take a look on it and enjoy.

regards,

Carlos
Old 19th February 2011, 04:03 PM   #316
diyAudio Member

Default You can have schematics and details about this amplifier visiting Greg Erskine pages

Greg's Web Site

regards,

Carlos
Old 24th February 2011, 02:28 PM   #317
diyAudio Member

Default Listen this amplifier..audio registered using Panasonic electret condenser microphone

Fokker was the firts model...after some modifications took a new name..."Troyan"

YouTube - Audio Amplifier Fokker, by Dx.

regards,

Carlos
Old 23rd January 2012, 05:23 AM   #318
diyAudio Member

Hi!

It's been a year now I have'nt heard from those DIYers who finished this project...
Any word from them?..

If I made this project, I prefer the name "Trojan", a defender of Troy just like Destroyer X
defending his unit from detractors and critics...

For those who made this monster, how would you compare this with the renowned
maker such as Holton, Leach, Aussie, Ras, McIntosh with the same rail voltage...
Any word of Fidelity, Sonics, Reliabilty, etc...

Regards,

Ric
Old 8th October 2012, 09:06 PM   #319
Riff is offline Riff  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Default TROYAN

no progress on this thread?
Old 8th October 2012, 11:17 PM   #320
diyAudio Member

Default No progress... lack of interest of forum builders

These kind of expensive units are hard to be made.... they cost a lot of dollars..then people keep distant from them.

I am developing another one that may not be well accepted too....because expensive.... the new one may use 24 pairs of output transistors, and the circuit is very old, from the Dx amplifier.... will be for bass only.

Troyan sounds great... i have played for very long time at my home and it is very good...but it is expensive...too much expensive to average buiders.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!