Dx Troyan, a 650 watts channel amplifier. - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2010, 01:33 PM   #261
diyAudio Member

Default Troyan updated and upgrade schematic and pcboard

If you and bigger and better layout, then write to me asking.

Thank you Alexandru (Pop) that is helping a lot... a very important member from this Corporation you are.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TROYAN AMPL V 1.8 PCB.jpg (261.4 KB, 719 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TROYAN AMPL V 1.8 SCH.pdf (86.5 KB, 453 views)
Old 25th August 2010, 04:32 PM   #262
tantang is offline tantang  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

tanks for all....
Old 6th September 2010, 09:42 AM   #263
hadita is offline hadita  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

hey carlos why..the guide for set-up bias driver,....i'm interested to build this power amp..

tanks
Old 6th September 2010, 10:30 AM   #264
diyAudio Member

Carlos,
With these powerful amplifiers you may have to modify the wife's clothes dryer to use as a load for testing. The main heater element in the dryer should be good for at least 1500 watts MINIMUM. Nice happy purely resistive load. Just what you need on a hot Brazilian summer -- more heat.

With the large number of outputs in this new layout I think you may have something that will stay together for many years. Those 2 ohm distortion tests look quite promising for something you have only been working on for a couple of months. Have you detecting any extremely high frequency oscillations with this layout? I would like to know what you have done to keep those in check.

Tad
Old 6th September 2010, 10:48 AM   #265
diyAudio Member

Default It is a monster tryon... very strong.... i have not transformer to test it real

using 2 ohms and 1 ohm load...this was made using simulator only... voltage was reduce..supply voltage goes reducing while you reduce the output impedance not to have to increase the number of output pairs.... a good idea someone gave me...maybe Tinitus, i do not remember the one suggested the good idea.... same amplifier...but reducing supply voltage can face lower impedance loads.

The driver current is controled by the CCSs that are feeding these drivers... the bias control is increasing MORE the output...controling more the output, because drivers have a maximum fixed current fixed by the CCSs..one to each rail.

The idea is to adjust reading voltage over power emitter resistances..then 1 , 2 or 3 milivolts goes fine.... i have tested and i found 3 milivolts nice.... more current there, say 10mA, just increase heat and the amplifier starts to clip a little bit earlier (lower power than specified) because the "advanced" biasing point into the start up (iddle)

It is working fine.... problem is that windows goes shacking and enormous ventilation inside the speaker enclosure is breathing awfull MDF smell.... air pumped is big!

regards,

Carlos
Old 6th September 2010, 05:05 PM   #266
hadita is offline hadita  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

The idea is to adjust reading voltage over power emitter resistances..then 1 , 2 or 3 milivolts goes fine.... i have tested and i found 3 milivolts nice.... more current there, say 10mA, just increase heat and the amplifier starts to clip a little bit earlier (lower power than specified) because the "advanced" biasing point into the start up (iddle)

It is working fine.... problem is that windows goes shacking and enormous ventilation inside the speaker enclosure is breathing awfull MDF smell.... air pumped is big!

Sir,...i mean guide set-up/adjust driver bias with manual schematic step by step

thanks
Hadita

Last edited by hadita; 6th September 2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 6th September 2010, 06:58 PM   #267
diyAudio Member

Default Please, make a search in this same thread..and check if i have not explained that

before...if not, then i will prepare these instructions to you.

regards,

Carlos
Old 6th September 2010, 07:35 PM   #268
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Interesting Carlos, are boards available for the Troyan ..........
Old 6th September 2010, 10:12 PM   #269
diyAudio Member

Default No....there are few people interested

we have pcb layout as you know.... good ones made by Alex mm...but boards, or group buy or something alike....negative!

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th September 2010, 06:53 PM   #270
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Carlos ,

Found the outputs at Mouser, these should work , correct ? ..

http://ca.mouser.com/Search/Refine.a...yword=mjl1302a

http://ca.mouser.com/Semiconductors/...l3281a&FS=True

Do we have to use matched transistors ?

Regards,

Last edited by a.wayne; 7th September 2010 at 06:57 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!