Dx Troyan, a 650 watts channel amplifier. - Page 19 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th August 2010, 10:47 AM   #181
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

DX, PM sent.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:50 AM   #182
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
I have asked AndrewT too, but as you see...he do not use to help, he only point errors...
that personal comment is completely against Forum Rules.
What is your game?

I just compiled a long and helpful PM to DX and sent it, before seeing this abusive comment.

Who is going to report Dx for abuse this time?
Old 6th August 2010, 11:18 AM   #183
diyAudio Member

I have just run a 10pr 1943/5200 +-80Vdc proposal through Bensen's spreadsheet.
This set up can do ~620W into 4ohm, 40degree phase angle if the Tc is 25degC.
It can almost manage 1785W into 1r0 (pure resistance test load) but it exceeds the 100ms 25degC SOA slightly.

It cannot be classed as a 4ohm capable amplifier @Tc=25degC and if a sensible Tc of 50degC (not for use in Brazil) it is right on it's guaranteed reliability limit using an 8ohm reactive load. It will drive a 2r0 resistive load to 1100W all day long with Tc=50degC. That does not make it 2ohm capable, it does not even make it 4ohm capable. This is a 330W into 8ohm amplifier if the errors are corrected.

But, the schematic is still wrong. Many of the devices used and component values recommended cannot let this amplifier work reliably nor properly.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:19 AM   #184
diyAudio Member

half of the forum users should gratefull and obliged to you Andrew for pointing out wrong or mistakes they did including me

half of the forum users probably been reading any of these error pointing from u and learned something useful from it ...including me

other than the above though Carlos is absolutelly right ... still this is not my thing to judge or for Carlos to Judge ....still he is right ...

Personaly i wouldnt bother when someone is only pointing errors and especially when he is detailed and correct we all learn from this ...

If i am allowed to say my opinion i would say that this doesnt bother me but it does bother from someone that has no post in "post your solid state pictures"

That is only my personal opinion and i hope that i managed to place it without hurting somebodies feelings or brake any of forum rules ...If i did i apologize it wasnt my intention....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 6th August 2010, 11:22 AM   #185
diyAudio Member

Finally,
what do Members want to see in comments?

A congratulation on showing a flawed schematic?
A pat on the back because some resistors and capacitors have been selected appropriately?
or
be careful there are a few errors that need correction?
or
it might work better if a bigger heatsink is used?

I know what kind of comment I would like to see when I am reading about a new proposal/design.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:26 AM   #186
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis View Post
.................other than the above though Carlos is absolutelly right ... still this is not my thing to judge or for Carlos to Judge ....still he is right ...............
Sakis,
please explain.
About what is "Carlos .. absolutely right"?
Old 6th August 2010, 11:35 AM   #187
diyAudio Member

of course Andrew i can explain .....
looking at an amplifier that has 56+56 volt rails and only one pair of outpouts you will jump in with your perfect calcultions and say that this is not correct ....

well there is about a few million Japanese people that will say to you that you are wrong .... you are wrong cause these amplifiers have another approach that you refuse to see as a working approach ...

for a million times i tryied to explain you that both mercedes and kia motors manufacture cars ....only have diferent concepts and aspects for their product ....

In a few words your calculations often proove wrong amplifiers that actually are workable but under specific targets that you refuse to see ..

meaning that pointing errors is fine but under which exactly prism ???? be sure there is more than one for most subjects ...

( also we tryied to lay this down with PM between us but never worked so i will keep things as is and always thing of you as a nice person and excellent procesing tool but always i have to fiilter your results under diferent prisms )

In any case i dont mean to be either rude or mean to you ...i apriciate what you do but is only limmited on how you can use it )

kind regards sakis
Old 6th August 2010, 12:00 PM   #188
diyAudio Member

Default I have to thank forum management that accepted me, in the past

to post a message asking for help to find my lost nephew.

His father knew Brazilians laws are clear, marriage finishing, splitting, having separation, then sons will be living with mother...no way to change that (or almost impossible), then he stole my nephew and scaped to England.

I could find dear nephew because this forum..the message i have posted in DIYaudio reached his girl friend.... more than 20 years was passed since he was kidnapped (my point of view), he had not the knowledge that his mother, my sister, had passed away because of cancer.

The young man had Brazilian flags in his home, had Brazilian friends and was living in London.working with big Motorcicles.... we found him!

My Gratitute to this forum that tollerated a very personal message that allowed me to find my nephew.

James Mergulhão Green, is now in Brazil, with us, visiting Paraty, a hystorical town at South of Rio de Janeiro State.

Thank you all folks from this forum management and friends that gave me support, i remember all your names.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg James Mergulhão Green.jpg (96.0 KB, 361 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th August 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:06 PM   #189
diyAudio Member

Default choices, options, design decisions

Hi Sakis,
I thought you were referring to some particular concept that Carlos had got right that you agreed with and that I was saying it was wrong.

I agree completely that we all have different targets and different standards.
I agree that after we have set our brief and specification using those targets that the possible solutions will be different, sometimes very different from solutions based on an alternative brief and specification.
I agree that my targets and standards will be different from your's and Carlos', more probably different from 99% of other builders.
Yes, operating temperature of devices is a design decision. Operating environment varies with use and location, again a design decision on what to use for universal or personal duty.

But, please explain why a transistor with 25Vce0 that is used in a location where it is exposed to near 100Vdc plus or minus a variable AC signal, can be right?
Can it be right that we should all ignore this because the adjacent transistor is correctly specified for it's duty?

Finally, you and all other Members have the right to accept or reject anything and everything you read including my comments.
I do similar all the time. I try to sift the wheat from the chaff in everything that I read, unless I have grown accustomed to a particular author and know of his/her reliability.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:24 PM   #190
diyAudio Member

Default BC818-40 was removed...was used only to simulations, to check

distortion dear Sakis.... check schematic and observe all transistors can manage to face the swing we have in the stage.

The amplifier is operating, full power and over 4 ohms loads....not suggested to operate, the way it is now, the way shown in the schematic, with 2 ohms loads.

Was told that may face, with more output transistors, if speaker impedance dropped below 4 ohms in some impedance, because passive crossover, or difficult loads.

Mr. AndrewT wants to be noticed, he knows the threads i usually open have a lot of readers... some of them come to see him nervous the way he looks to be.... he is increasing my popularity.

The amplifier is working... and against the reality there's no arguments.

I am not reading him, as i know his intentions are not cooperative... sometimes i know where his bomber airplane strikes, when people repeat (copy and paste) parts of his text.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 6th August 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!