Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2010, 08:06 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default Ahahahah!.... this video is the funniest thing i have found in the youtube

Electricity is 50 percent made me laugh till i had pain in my belly... and the authority the guy said was unbelievable.

São Paulo is our main town.... we use to say that Brazil is in there... Rio is the prettiest place.... second place in shows....both tows represents the best we have.

Type São Paulo in youtube search bar, also in google search bar, and you will see the giant town.... started by Coffee farmers, also Italians that came to work in these coffee farms after the finish of slavery.

Yes..i am subjectivist.... as audio is personnal experience... happens inside yourself.... your own perception is what perceive audio... conscience..that represents you as a person.

regards,

Carlos
Old 2nd May 2010, 10:40 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default The work is in progress.... soon we gonna have a Dx Blame ST, operating in class A

images attached, captured from the buider's site.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2rdi63b.jpg (125.5 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 14mzzug.jpg (136.8 KB, 276 views)
Old 3rd May 2010, 04:49 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

o.k. - some more news in case you don't follow...

pcb is almost finished... i have to put few bigger parts and an output coil...

for power supply i decided to use C-L-C-R-C filtration and a big Semikron rectifier bridge.... (much easier to do and it will give me few extra Volts on power supply...)...

initially i wanted to use only a fixed resistor to have a fixed bias but at the end i decided i will use a resistor together with a trimpot just in case i could not go all the way through class A - i have heatsinks that should be enough for my needs but as you might conclude, they are put together from few smaller pieces to form a bigger unit and this will affect their ability to dissipate heat... so, i maybe don't have enough in heatsinks afterall... i will see that when i start using it (will bias up until i conclude it is enough related to the temperature of the heatsink)... :P

from pictures Carlos uploaded here, You can see that my pcb is made in a mirror to the real pcb - my mistake... now, i will put every resistor and capacitor from the "right" side of the pcb and transistors will be from the copper side - easiest way to do it... probably emitter resistors will be placed also from the copper side of the board....

Last edited by sparkle; 3rd May 2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 3rd May 2010, 06:17 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Sparkle wrote:

"...From pictures Carlos uploaded here, You can see that my pcb is made in a mirror to the real pcb - my mistake..."

That is why always write a text, some words, on the copper side.

If you can read your text after the PCB has been etched - the PCB is o.k.
If you can't: the PCB is mirrored.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos
Old 3rd May 2010, 06:26 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Rudi - normally i make pcb's by myself and have a method of doing that in a correct way.. Carlos didn't know that i need them in "other way" and my mistake was not to check... :P not a problem really - only more mistakes possible....
have to check several times more in order to avoid them :P

at the end - it will not change the sound of the amplifier (if everything works like it should) and maybe this is even better - the pcb is small and this way i will get a bit more room on the part side of the pcb
heheheheheh
thanks for looking into this thread :P best regards
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:20 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Default Carlos you are always famous like Class-A

Brazil is lovely country of beaches and beautiful women
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deepika-padukone-with-dr-vijay-mallya.jpg (418.4 KB, 268 views)
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:30 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

oh well, just wait to see Croatia... :P
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:12 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default Good to have you here Rudi..very welcome..also Workhorse

and my dearest and old friend Sparkle..... we have more hours in email conversations then an eagle has of fligth.

I really look alike that guy Workhorse...i am more tall (184 cm) and more fat..but we look alike..can be confused if i land in your place..the woman he has is also the way i like...looks alike my sister... despite my sister is even more pretty and more..... let's say...hot than this one.

Croatia has beauties too...pretty beaches.... transparent watter.... a lot of rocks (I like that), they love fish and good food.... cheese pie and these things...Yogurt also....good cheese and good sausages (Italian style, home made).... great place Croatia!

I can mirror if people ask.... just let me know.

I am producing a video, about brazilian women...decent pictures... 24 girl's faces...soon will post link.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Look alike.jpg (265.4 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 3rd May 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:35 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Sorry... youtube deactivated the audio.... because of copyrigth laws

here is the link to images in sequence:

YouTube - Beautifull Brazilian women.mpg

regards,

Carlos
Old 5th May 2010, 11:01 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

some more news here

emitter resistors and output coils...

Click the image to open in full size.