Dx Blame ST, operating from 18 to 24 Volts (unloaded) - Class A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ahahahah!.... this video is the funniest thing i have found in the youtube

Electricity is 50 percent made me laugh till i had pain in my belly... and the authority the guy said was unbelievable.

São Paulo is our main town.... we use to say that Brazil is in there... Rio is the prettiest place.... second place in shows....both tows represents the best we have.

Type São Paulo in youtube search bar, also in google search bar, and you will see the giant town.... started by Coffee farmers, also Italians that came to work in these coffee farms after the finish of slavery.

Yes..i am subjectivist.... as audio is personnal experience... happens inside yourself.... your own perception is what perceive audio... conscience..that represents you as a person.

regards,

Carlos

The work is in progress.... soon we gonna have a Dx Blame ST, operating in class A

images attached, captured from the buider's site.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 2rdi63b.jpg
    2rdi63b.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 14mzzug.jpg
    14mzzug.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 397
o.k. - some more news in case you don't follow...

pcb is almost finished... i have to put few bigger parts and an output coil...

for power supply i decided to use C-L-C-R-C filtration and a big Semikron rectifier bridge.... (much easier to do and it will give me few extra Volts on power supply...)...

initially i wanted to use only a fixed resistor to have a fixed bias but at the end i decided i will use a resistor together with a trimpot just in case i could not go all the way through class A - i have heatsinks that should be enough for my needs but as you might conclude, they are put together from few smaller pieces to form a bigger unit and this will affect their ability to dissipate heat... so, i maybe don't have enough in heatsinks afterall... i will see that when i start using it (will bias up until i conclude it is enough related to the temperature of the heatsink)... :p

from pictures Carlos uploaded here, You can see that my pcb is made in a mirror to the real pcb - my mistake... now, i will put every resistor and capacitor from the "right" side of the pcb and transistors will be from the copper side - easiest way to do it... probably emitter resistors will be placed also from the copper side of the board....

Last edited:
Sparkle wrote:

"...From pictures Carlos uploaded here, You can see that my pcb is made in a mirror to the real pcb - my mistake..."

That is why always write a text, some words, on the copper side.

If you can read your text after the PCB has been etched - the PCB is o.k.
If you can't: the PCB is mirrored.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Rudi - normally i make pcb's by myself and have a method of doing that in a correct way.. Carlos didn't know that i need them in "other way" and my mistake was not to check... :p not a problem really - only more mistakes possible.... :)
have to check several times more in order to avoid them :p

at the end - it will not change the sound of the amplifier (if everything works like it should) and maybe this is even better - the pcb is small and this way i will get a bit more room on the part side of the pcb :)
heheheheheh
thanks for looking into this thread :p best regards

Good to have you here Rudi..very welcome..also Workhorse

and my dearest and old friend Sparkle..... we have more hours in email conversations then an eagle has of fligth.

I really look alike that guy Workhorse...i am more tall (184 cm) and more fat..but we look alike..can be confused if i land in your place..the woman he has is also the way i like...looks alike my sister... despite my sister is even more pretty and more..... let's say...hot than this one.

Croatia has beauties too...pretty beaches.... transparent watter.... a lot of rocks (I like that), they love fish and good food.... cheese pie and these things...Yogurt also....good cheese and good sausages (Italian style, home made).... great place Croatia!

I can mirror if people ask.... just let me know.

I am producing a video, about brazilian women...decent pictures... 24 girl's faces...soon will post link.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Look alike.jpg
    Look alike.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Yes.... Sparkle is good..... skilled guy...his solutions are always very good

the guy has value...i respect this young man a lot.... i knew him he was single, not married yet...had not a son..... not white hairs too.

If he finishes this amplifier, and point me another one that sounds better...in a matter of one hour i will have the one he pointed assembled...because this man knows what he says.

He is an Enginneer and also someone that has built a lot..has practice... deeply skilled...has expertise in evaluation, audition testing, listening tests...project and development of amplifiers, tube units and solid state units...he knows deeply FETs too.... have designed DAC....he is complete!

All his life he used to build high end...also used to visit all demonstrations of High end products in his country...and there, the do that a lot!

So...he have listened to top performers.... he can recognize a good amplifier...so..if he approved this Dx Blame ST in class A i will visit heaven so happy i will be...if he disapproved, then i will be in paradise, because he will point me the real best one in his point of view... and will not only point me, will provide me schematic and will be helping me to build with valuable advices.

Very important this man's thoughts..he is an "authority" on audio.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I am very happy you are behaving very positive AndrewT

Now pointing our good decisions, saying nice things.

Very good that..this drives me happy...now i can read your posts and learn things from you, as i can see nice feelings..friendly words... approving things..not only pointing flaws and mistakes.

We feel good when people point the moments we make good things..when we do rigth things.. Sparkle is happy for sure..and i think you felt good doing that too...have gained a friend, and Sparkle is a nice friend...and removed some stones, the wall i have built between us.

Good.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
oh man!...carlos - i am not feeling good from all those kind words you just said... thank you so much but i am not that good... i know few things that most guys probably know but not that much.... :p
Andrew... well, i think it is better than regular 5W ceramic unit... the only thing i had to watch i not to burn them when soldering those copper 1,5mm2 copper wires to them...

:)

amplifier boards are progressing slowly... a lot less time these last days... i assume that in a day or two i will have them done... the next thing would be to connect them with the heatsinks and than to put everything with a power supply on a piece of mdf board to listen to it finally....
:)
pictures of the current progress will follow at the end of the day.... :)

Please, if you want to use your own language... post the translation too

depika padukone...... pika is awfull name here.... kone is a sexual part..this can be misunderstood.

Moderators hates this, because international language is english... i do not like too when have no translation.

If personal message..try the forum private message system.

Google translator have not translated this pika and kone...written different but bad word in meaning in portuguese language if we read them.

Carlos

Attachments

• really...oh no.jpg
    really...oh no.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Is that Indian Black?

Google is there.

Not the Google translator. The search engine.

Use it.

Type "Deepika Padukone" and see what wonders happen. You are a lover of beauty as many of your posts and the DX boards say.

Don't if you like.

You are way older than I am. So please forgive me If this message makes you feel insulted. Besides I didn't reply to your post in the first place. That guy probably had searched it, instead of breaking the words/syllables he too might not understand( I believe he did ). ;)

Google search doesn't embarrass people, ever. Moderators know what is what, so please be calm. Don't let the hot weather burn your face like that.

It's already 42deg C here and my SE class-A amp runs all day all night! 200watts of heat. Pentium 4 heatsinks. No air conditioner. Pure music.

Happy to see you are doing a class-a job, with a DX. I have my best of the world class a amp. Have the best of the world class-ab amp too.

Saw the DX ST, ES schematics, results, reviews etc. I have been a silent reader of the DX threads for long... not impressed. Thanks. I too experiment with amps; I don't bluff, you can view my profile, it's open to all.

PEACE...

Attachments

• cool_guy.jpg
    cool_guy.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 246
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.