Randy Slone Passes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Allow me to offer my favorite quote, as it always makes me feel better:
A human being is part of a whole, called by us the 'Universe,' a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
-Albert Einstein

We are all made of stars.
Best wishes to his family.

Lets celebrate his life ! He wrote some good books and brought enthusiasim to the world of audio.
Its really a shame, but we are like flowers and all have our day in the Sun
Some have longer than others but we who are left must go on!!
He has left us some good work,s that will assist others in the future for which we are all gratefull Goodbye Randy
regards Trevor Latala

Wow, I feel bummed... I read his book and it got me all fired up to build a Lateral Mosfet stereo amp. It has a +/-63V power supply based on a 900 VA toroidal Xformer. It dims lights in the house when turned on. I still need to wire in the xformer inrush current limiting circuit. I finally got one of the amps working perfect... Just need to get the DC offset down on the other amp.

I guess I'll have to push to finish that amp as a tribute to a very intelligent man. Then when I play music on it, it will be like burning auditory incense in Randy's memory, a legacy of sound!

Without a doubt, his amplifier reference book is among the very best. It was my fave. In my mind, Randy was beyond a doubt, an amplifier guru. I loved his humor. He described a land named "Audiotropolis". This land was, in his words, similar to Oz, except that it contains *more fantasy*. I loved that one.

Reading his book, which I bought in 2002, made me feel like I knew him personally. I never met the dude, or even exchanged words over the web, yet I feel a sense of loss. A great man, Randy was. I'm sad that he's gone, but I celebrate his life and the contributions he made to electronics. He was knowledgeable and humorous at the same time.

Claude

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.