gk 800rb probs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

I have a GK800 RB that's been completely faithful for years. Never abused, always plugged in to 8 ohms. Suddenly it is making a rude distortion sound. I suspect the problem may be in either the frequency pot, the bi-amp push-pull switch, or in whatever circuit they share (which may be the whole amp for all I know).

I suspect this because the frequency pot generates popping sounds when turned, especially to its extremities, and the push-pull switch is full of static-like noise. None of the other pots or switches is a problem.

I'm wondering if I should just replace the whole board.

Appreciate any help.

Hi Folks,

I have a GK800 RB that's been completely faithful for years. Never abused, always plugged in to 8 ohms. Suddenly it is making a rude distortion sound. I suspect the problem may be in either the frequency pot, the bi-amp push-pull switch, or in whatever circuit they share (which may be the whole amp for all I know).

I suspect this because the frequency pot generates popping sounds when turned, especially to its extremities, and the push-pull switch is full of static-like noise. None of the other pots or switches is a problem.

I'm wondering if I should just replace the whole board.

Appreciate any help.

In addition to above suggestions check main PS - return. Some GK's use
rear speaker 1/4" jack connector as the return point and if it works loose
can cause a problem.

cheers

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.