Symetrical schematics are alike plague in Brazil, do you like them? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2010, 12:21 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Default heheheh... i know this is atractive... people loves some scandall

sometimes is use this to call some attention when i need..not only friends, but to re-direct the conversation to another focus.

Man... life is short...it goes very fast...almost yesterday i was trying to enter the Cinema to an adult movie..... now a days Cinema alike that one does not exists.

Threads that have pictures, discussions, figths, crazy things, madness... all that stuff atract..people comes to have fun.... in the middle of all foolish, you can obtain something interesting and usefull.

Let's have fun!

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th April 2010, 01:43 AM   #32
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Carlos ,

Waiting for you to build that fully balanced line constant voltage source class -a amplifier, enuff of this PA stuff ....
Old 7th April 2010, 02:54 AM   #33
CBS240 is offline CBS240  United States
diyAudio Member

Symetrical has my vote. IMHO with modern semis it is the best way to go. The amp I'm currently developing uses symetrical bridges with NDFL, and CMEC (common mode error correction) to balance bias and create XLR signals from a SE source. It's different but the results so far are quite promising. XLR stays perfectly balanced well past 1MHz.

I wish I had more time to work on it though.
Old 7th April 2010, 05:38 AM   #34
wahab is offline wahab  Algeria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS240 View Post
Symetrical has my vote. IMHO with modern semis it is the best way to go. :
Once you managed to make one work the good way, as
pointed by Nico, you ll never return again to classic LIN
topologies, be it with cascodes , differential Vas and all
that kind of "enhancements".
Old 7th April 2010, 07:20 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Default Symetrical has my vote too... looks beautifull.... symetrical things are the beauty

base... i do like too............. to see the schematic...not to listen the sound.

Sorry, no more symetrical amplifiers in my life....i have already learned they are no good for my ears.

But, as i said before..my people loves...so, they may be good for them.

I use to compare things..when you do this, no way to fool ourselves anymore.... and when possible (helping hand, friends and family helping) then i do blind testing..not knowing what is playing we cannot decide based in our beliefs..the best one will be the choice..for sure.

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th April 2010, 08:03 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quoted from uncle Charly :
To me, in my point of view, the inclusion of limiters is dirty and criminal .. in the vision of other people, having other points of view, it is a perfect technical solution...something unavoidable, extremelly needed... something clean and anjelical.

there you go ....you have your answer oint of view !!!
to start producing an amp or a schematic you have a point of view and a few targets to achive.... brazillian made amps as you showed have some other target ....I have some other targets for some of my amps

( few days ago finished a project that thriled me using a rather easy circuit that produces easilly 350w at 8 ohms with an average topology and a gendle dual slope vi limmiter that thingy is also working with a dangerous online power supply .... Amp is working with absolutelly no problem and hit the targets of cost ,size, kg limitations ,power and quality ...but still no matter how well is builted i am still to afraid to use it ..... )
Old 7th April 2010, 09:32 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Default I see..now you feel safe

so, you are on the mood..your own needs satisfied..to feel safe.

enjoy that.

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th April 2010, 12:16 PM   #38
AKSA is offline AKSA  Australia
diyAudio Member

Carlos,

I love your passion, your tireless quest for a better amp, and I reckon you are now producing some damn good designs.

Take real pride in what you have done, and keep moving forward, and do not be too sensitive. The worst flaw in most people is their critical nature, it is negative, and destructive, and always ends in tears - usually for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva
After 50 years building I'm sure you have very good building abilities (at least for building amplifiers in the way they were 25 years ago, because you seem to completely reject all the progress made in the last 25 years )

Creativity and open scientific mind are different abilities. You can build amplifiers for 50 years without developing them. In fact I think you lack both, and it's probably too late in your life to develop them.

I have not been doing anything for 50 years because I'm way younger. However, after 4 years learning class D by myself now I'm the designer of one of the smallest, lightest, most efficient, most cost effective and most powerful subwoofer plate amplifiers currently in the professional audio market. It's (conservatively) rated 4000W @ 2 ohms with greater than 90% efficiency and only 7lbs weight (including heatsink, faceplate and DSP).

This claim is not as eloquent as yours, it's much harder to reject.

Be creative. Make real achievements.
Eva,

May I ask you a question?

Are you male, or female? This is important, because I feel that if you represent yourself as a female, out of respect for women most men will not attack you, even if you attack them. This is a tactical advantage, which, if you misrepresent yourself, is not ethical.

Secondly, why do you criticise Carlos? Has he been rude to you, or upset you in some way? If so, deal with it privately. While it is conceivable your abilities are significant, I have never seen anything from you aside from lofty statements of technical fact and outright denigration of those you deem ignorant. IOW, your contribution here appears to be driven by a need for superiority, largely at the expense of others. And should you be, as I suspect, at least two decades younger than Carlos, consider how smart you will be when you are nearly sixty. Ageism is a cheap shot, and wholly objectionable in this forum.

The problem is that your approach earns you no kudos at all, and from some, passive disrespect. Contrast this with the love many have for Carlos, arguably the most passionate amp designer and assessor on this forum.

Just as you appear to care nothing for the achievements of others, I suggest the same sentiment might be directed back at you. You might concentrate instead on helping people rather than demeaning them. It would be constructive, positive input and earn you a great deal of respect.

Again, are you male or female? Had you not criticised others so mercilessly, this would not be important. But the time is upon us when you should come clean with the members, otherwise the gloves come off.

In closing, I think you are quite smart, and I'm sure I speak for all when I say we would like more of your ability shared in a pleasant, unconditional way.

Hugh

Last edited by AKSA; 7th April 2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:34 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you Hugh

regards,

Carlos
Old 7th April 2010, 12:39 PM   #40
AndrewT is online now AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSA View Post
............. and I'm sure I speak for all when we would like more of your ability shared in a pleasant, unconditional way.
How I wish all our Members could rise to this!
Please contribute.

Hide this!Advertise here!