Symetrical schematics are alike plague in Brazil, do you like them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the last time..the last complaining text i will publish

I have to say i feel good, i am feeling great! ... as i am
sure i am doing my best .... evaluating by the
weigthing results .. i found i have made something
positive, hundreds of happy folks building my amplifiers,
having fun, enjoying their lives .... they were received
in mine threads in a friendly way, have received help when they have
asked..when they have needed...all was explained in details

What have some others done? ..the minority that use to amuse me?.
years passed, they have promoted
themselves with the cost of others reduced to a minor part of the substract
or farth gazes evaporated...the owners of a great and very selfish know
how .. something that belongs to them and they do not want
to share ... or, in other way, want to trow in your face
the correct things from the mistakes you do ... alike a slap in
your face ...these ones do for themselves only, to feed their sick egoes.

They want a place below the sun, to be under the spot ligth, to be respected as skilled researchers...but without having to
work hard for it ... they want a place under the sun, but
do not want to move to the beach, also not feeling the heat of sunligth, the
sun burning their skins..they want the easy way producing hard time to others..
The bad and lazy way to achieve popularity.

I planted the seed of group, clan, tribe and crew
... a corporation staff ... a friendly group .... the idea
to belong to something .. to be a part of the
communitty .. what they have planted?

Criticisms, proving they are good and others are not so
good .... technocrats, defenders of the status quo ... rule
keepers, enemies from creativity, their ammunition is
jellows and envy .... they have offered to us, one or two
amplifiers along several years, doing almost nothing these last
five years passed.. orbiting other threads, having
few crumbs of fame at the expense of pulling the rug on others

One of the technologists did not even that ... nothing offered, nothing
mounted, no products, amplifiers, schematics, no picture .. nothing is DIY ...
just pretend that he is a consultant, an imposing one.... no consultancies contracted,
answering questions that were never have made and never
answering the questions we do directly to them .. so... do things only
for themselves .... spew things when is convenient to show off, showing off and self
promote ..... will never responds your questions...never doing thing for you or for the
forum.... they do not help because they want you to continue having doubts, so,
they will have the chance to give one on you ... to continue to have an advantage
related you.. absurdly selfish, very sick and abnormal behavior in my vision.

I use to explain all the few things i have leaned, and i do that in details, focused in the
ones have not too much knowledge, the beginners, the young guys that may need the same
help we have received from our friends in the past.....i use to burst some myths, and use
to try to show things are much more simple than some folks wants you to believe they are.

Some folks tries to make things looks much more difficult, this is to increase their own value, their own importance, when the ohms law is the best tool we have to understand,
some of them hates me, as i use to point that... when i do that they loose the tool they have to exercise sadists behavior pointing your errors...so..better to me, you and all forum, not to know things, to be ignorant..them we will continue to be under their boot

I think ... some of them give me clues their behavior is moved by their cowardice , as they do not show their amplifiers to us..so.... they do not expose themselves..they go protected as
they do not show their products, and these products will allow us to evaluate them if they are so good the way they claim.... so...hidden this way, they go pretending they are special and using criticisms against others... evaluating the work others does, doing nothing alike annoying parasites buzzing around..sucking the blood of others not offering any drop of sweat to our community.

I am happy i could do.... moderators have supported and tollerated my exotic behavior because they have perceived i could be usefull for the forum, for the forum members and for myself..so...
they are positive.

I will try to be less sensitive...i promisse, this is the last complaining text published!

Will let a thick skin to grow..so..no one will bother me anymore.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Build a Dx Amplifier, it is not symetrical, it is not a plague

or, at least, it is a different kind of plague.

ahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dsdsds 1761.jpg
    dsdsds 1761.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 287
Symetrical mosfet amp

symetrical differential amp using :

6 low power BJTs 2SA872A/2SC1775A
2 low power BJTs 2SA1145/2SC2705
6 high power lateral fets 2SJ50/2SK135
Supply is +-60V using a 500VA toroid.

I did use it from 1988 to this day , in the most
harsh conditions an amp can sustain, as amplifier
for my sets of keyborads on overheated stages,
for performances that did last as long as 5 hours
at full volume with four speakers totaling a 4 ohm load..

Attachments

• mosfet amp.jpg
    mosfet amp.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 266
Eva,

May I ask you a question?

Are you male, or female? This is important, because I feel that if you represent yourself as a female, out of respect for women most men will not attack you, even if you attack them. This is a tactical advantage, which, if you misrepresent yourself, is not ethical.

I wouldn't consider Eva as attacking, pestering maybe. Her approach seems a little hard lined sometimes, but it is hard to argue with the logic and skill she brings to the forum. Personally I agree that with linear audio amps, it seems most all the circuits out there are 30+ years old. It would be nice to see some new ideas. There are few here (not including myself) that have the knowledge she has, especially with regard to switching circuits. I love to read her posts because there is usually some particular inside information there, based on personal experience, that cannot be found anywhere else, and I hope she continues to share her projects with us. I sense some frustration with regard to this thread, but I wouldn't consider it an all out attack on Carlos. Besides, is gender really relevant? The day I find fault and mis-information in her posts without her correcting is the day I criticize her........but that day has yet to be.:)

PS: Eva has never posted any photo of herself, but only her projects and magnetics creations, and there is no way these hands belong to a man.:D
adjustable SMPS

Well man....even the paper we use to print schematics is a symetrical thing.

this does not turn the paper, a symetric paper because of that... also we do not call it symetric papper.

The amplifier is the same up and down, exactly, alike mirrored... this one deserves the tittle symetric more than others.

If you prefer, to be precise, more symetrical than several others.

regards,

Carlos

Dear CBS, you are a good enginner, a clever man, but your know how about how to

identify signs will be rated C minus.

Three pictures...three hands.... one is a male, other a female and another one is the gay one..... send me your choice to see if you can do it.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

I can enter this forum with a picture of Angeline Jolie...i can post my wife, or daugther feed to prove i am a girl.

Or you think i am a vessel?...a destroyer?

That's what happens, reason why people choice girl names...people goes sending charm alike you did..defending her...i do not know if this is the case,but i know girls that are in this forum using boy's names..and the opposite too.

regards,

Carlos

....................................................................................

I have invited that fat idiot, the brazilian, to go working for me...you know..all i wanted in my whole life is to have a meeting with you.... are you free tonigth CBS 240?

To prove i am what i am...my beautifull feet picture...only for you!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Angeline.

Attachments

• dsdsds 1960.jpg
    dsdsds 1960.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 200
  • dsdsds 1962.jpg
    dsdsds 1962.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 192
  • dsdsds 1963.jpg
    dsdsds 1963.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Meeting tonight.... second avenue with the third avenue.

At 8:00

ahahahahaha!

will be there... yahoooooo!

People that works with electronics have burned hands and fingers... signs of cuts and holes because drill bits....watch my hands....and think if these hand belongs to someone works with a soldering iron.... or not?

Also, dear CBS...no one told t6he one is a girl or not a girl.....read Hugh text...the only one said that was you....text was written in very good english

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• CBS240.jpg
    CBS240.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Here another Brazilian Brand..also bougth by Selenium.... see the schematic

Even the values are almost the same...same idea...this is the standard brazilian schematic...all brands use the same...changing supply voltage..quantity of output transistors, some of them have peak meter, delayed insertion, some have protection, DC output detector, fan blower..but the heart...the "Machine" (another brand that uses the same schematic) is always the same.

This one is called "Warm Music" ...that's the brand..the name is good...not hot not cold...more or less.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Warm Music.jpg
    Warm Music.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 274
The problem I see with most DIY enthusiasts are mostly their total system or the lack of it. It is much more difficult to tel amplifiers apart than to do this at system level. In my opinion, most amplifier designs are good, in fact very good, unless you have made some horrible boo-boos somewhere. It is seldom that you come across an inventive new technology, it is hardly necessary.

Most people evaluate a system and the total of the parts is what make it be coherent or different and our likes and dislikes come forward as an acceptance or rejection of what we hear.

We seldom hear the music but we try and train ourselves to hear through the music and listen to the equipment and most of the time we try to evaluate slight differences in what we perceive, which may or may not be better but only different.

We then proceed attempting to tweak the difference away so that the end result is more in line with what we are used to or perceive as being correct, more that often arriving at the same result as you had before.

I take Carlos' viewpoint and conclude that he judges designs by comparing the new product against a known standard - what he has been preaching, because to him that is the standard, he tweaked it until he created this standard that we may call it Carlos' standard.

Each of us that design amps for ourselves do exactly that and try to evaluate the different product against our own know standard, if it is sufficiently different that we approve of it it will be reluctantly earmarked as possibly better or easily shot down as definitely worse.

Coming back to the system, the fact is that the particular piece that is being evaluated inside the system may not perform at its best in your system, because the weakest link will determine the absolute performance.

I had an opportunity of listening to Hugh's early Maya that one of the folk at work built and it does not sound that far off from my own, which I must admit is a completely radical difference in design approach altogether.

However, its character was slightly warmer than mine because my speakers really were tweaked for my amplifier and my listening preference which could be described at clinical, maybe. But I could bet my bottom dollar that if Hugh's amp was playing on his selected speakers and the rest of the system, it may be very hard or maybe even impossible to tell which one is better.

Funny thing is I think we are all trying to achieve the same end result but we get there in different ways and it would follow that it is that which are being criticized.

Last edited:
The most strange is that you have agreement... exception is the Maya

That is better than average amplifiers.

Also you have agreement, not possible to compare all amplifiers made in this world, or at least, same time...so..conclusions taken passed many years are not precise.

As you know, i have assembled and tested several...but this happens in groups of two...so... A is considered better than B.... an latter C is considered better than A.... them B is out from the system... as beated... and differences between them goes reducing and turning hard and harder to detect the best one.

For sure this is not entirelly precise, but it is much better than not to compare and go judging without any kind of reference...or evaluate by numbers, or waveshapes... simulators or distortion analisers.

Also.... we are biased.... so.... you're included in this population too.... if you have made the symetrical, then you will like it, unless you test it in a blind way to be sure the one is better.... and another problem is that you do not want to perceive differences... as we may be biased because two amplifiers compared,because both of them are our creation...alike sons..we use to say they are the same...that we love them the same... really?

One very strong fooling method, something we use to do with ourselves, is to think in the "system".... this way..the guilty goes hidden, diluted inside the system...we say that depends the system...... not always truth.... the best amplifier i have can beat others even playing with a speaker in my hands..even this way sounds better than other amplifiers...the Blame eat them all, despite the speaker you may use.... we use the "system" theories, that this amplifier can be better in another system, is the biggest trap we made to ourselves not to judge our lovely toys.

The real thing is that Doctor Self Blameless can eat this symetrical designs in the breakfast... and easy...with enormous sonic advantage..in very clear way that do not last doubts..other amplifiers, this plague included, goes running alike dogs with their tail in between the legs and crying loud...in the reality... a shame to these designs... reason why people do not test... they do not want to trash their designs..so... a lot of theories are produced...and all them to support the lack of movement to check these things.

The political consequences are terrible..observe how many have assembled the Dx amplifier.... lucky i was i said it was not the best, but you will not be ashamed when compared to others.... the matter of fact is that Dx amplifiers is beated by the Blame..but not entirelly smashed.... a finger tip or a nail survive during the smashing process...so i can say:

- " I have said so"

Do you have courage to trash your designs?...having built so nice things as i could see in the pictures..has courage to trash them, to send them to graveyard, to dismount after so big work?.... probably not, so, you will search for arguments to reduce the danger my words represents to your kids.... these amplifiers you have made.

Passion is alike smoke in front of our eyes... reason why, the worst criminal folks mothers, series killers, murderers and so on, always says they are lovely sons... perfect kids... very handsome and a very kind babies.... the bad companies..the strange friends he found that made he do what he does!.

Also your amplifiers, mine amplifiers and so on, are protected... and we go fooling us....bad companies (speakers) made all that mess.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
As i already wrote it, the two schematics you gave as exemples
are not correctly designed...
Any designer that is aware about these designs would notice it
at first look..

I could also use as exemple a badly designed simple differential, and then
compare it to a properly designed symetrical one, and then use this
as a prove that the former is not as good as the latter...

Compare apples with apples, not with peanuts...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.