Very hard to find - Brand Name: "power" - Power Amp APK/APX series schematics wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very hard to find - Brand Name: "power" - Power Amp APK/APX series schematics wanted

"power" not as commonly term but as brand name with own logo:
Who know more about this company resp. that one from this days, which has overtaken.
From this british brand also mixers and CD-players was available in the early days - in good quality

Here some URLs:
Avis d'utilisateurs : Power - Audiofanzine
Avis d'utilisateurs : Power APK 280 B - Audiofanzine
http://protech.audio.free.fr/schemas_ampli.html
2 Amplificateurs pro sono [VDS] - Photo, Audio, Vidéo - Achats & Ventes - FORUM HardWare.fr
http://cgi.ebay.ch/Power-APK-4500-Verstaerker/290389000648

about the brand name "power" by the website
http://en.audiofanzine.com/dual-channel-power-amp/
follow models are listed:
Power APK 160S
Power APK 2100
Power APK 2120
Power APK 2230
Power APK 2240
Power APK 280 B
Power APK 4500
Power BSA 200
Power CPS 300
Power DJ520
Power Double 300
Power Double 400
Power Double Six serie II
Power Jumbo 1000
Power MAGNUM 1000
Power MAGNUM 1200
Power ni501
Power PSA 300
Power PSA 302
Power PSA 303
Power PSA 501
Power PSA 503
Power PSA 703
Power S900
Power Trio 400
Power XK1100

In the attachement some devices, for this I need schematics
Thank you for your advices.

Attachments

• POWER APX2120 & APK2230.jpg
    POWER APX2120 & APK2230.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 598
  • POWER double 300.pdf
    179 KB · Views: 305
  • Power APK2230.pdf
    39.3 KB · Views: 248
  • POWER APK2100.pdf
    26.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Attachments

• APK2100S.jpg
    APK2100S.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

Attachments

• apk2100 schema.jpg
    apk2100 schema.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Hello tiefbassuebertr,

I have some schematics of Power mixers and amps.
I received hem when I sold these (on special order) way back in the early 80's.
I imported them from France and compared with other similar equipment they where very robust and good.
Price was excellent.

I have to scan the papers (A3 format) but this can take some time.
I doubt if there are any left running today.

Cheers

Hello tiefbassuebertr,

I have some schematics of Power mixers and amps.
I received hem when I sold these (on special order) way back in the early 80's.
I imported them from France and compared with other similar equipment they where very robust and good.
Price was excellent.

I have to scan the papers (A3 format) but this can take some time.
I doubt if there are any left running today.

Cheers

Hi,
Have you scanned those schematics and posted them somewhere?
I'm looking for the double 300, apk2100, apk4500.
thanks

The apk4500 and apk2100 are almost entirely identical, except for the values and very few variations.

The main concept is identical.

I don't have the 2100, so I don't know how it's built, but I suspect its just about the same as the 4500, except perhaps for the heatsinks and main transformer, to be smaller on the 2100.

That was nice to share that apk2100's schematic. I can compare that to what I made from my apk4500 and I can see it's just about the same.

At the time, they had their own markings on the outputs and few people knew what those parts really were.

My apk4500 has those RCA17485, all 6 of them (the 4500 is a quasi, all npn), and I found out those can be replaced directly by the MJ15003.

But there is one flaw in their design that I think isn't a good thing at all, which is that the outputs are fully paralleled, 3 by 3, WITHOUT the emitter resistors, so the current sharing would be a nightmare, unless the parts are extremely carefully matched before using, which would require a huge lot of them to find the best matched triplets...

For those interested, since nobody shared any schematics for the double 300, I ended up spending time and efforts in re-creating the design. So I reverse engineered it and designed a pcb pretty much like it with eagle.

I'm attaching the schematic here.

And if anyone wants to dig deeper and perhaps even build one, I can share my eagle stuff.

btw: I also did the vu-meters.

And, I have both a Double 300 and an APK4500, which I intend to do some restoration work on, real soon. Already did most of a re-cap job on them, not the big ones though, which I couldn't find a replacement for..

Attachments

• dbl300 sch.pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 126
  • dbl300 layout.pdf
    84 KB · Views: 81
  • led pcb sch.pdf
    46.4 KB · Views: 114
  • led pcb layout.pdf
    91 KB · Views: 81
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.