500W PA amplifier with Limiter

my apex protect is still working till now without using any heat-sink 5w resistor is heating but still ok

Thanks for this information bai!

My PA protect relay has an "off"-"on"-"off" action when my power supply is turned off. Is this a normal behavior of the protect circuit?

Note: By the way I employed a soft start circuit between mains supply and transformer. I get the +30V supply from PA protect (+15V, -15V) to power the soft start relay.

Attachments

• 167201d1271407078-500w-pa-amplifier-limiter-apex-sof-tstart.jpg
    167201d1271407078-500w-pa-amplifier-limiter-apex-sof-tstart.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,247
SOFT START

Thanks for this information bai!

My PA protect relay has an "off"-"on"-"off" action when my power supply is turned off. Is this a normal behavior of the protect circuit?

Note: By the way I employed a soft start circuit between mains supply and transformer. I get the +30V supply from PA protect (+15V, -15V) to power the soft start relay.

Attachments

• SOFT START.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 916
Hello guys :)

Yesterday I post a file but I found and error on this layout, I'm going to share this because I have learn a lot from you guys and it will be not fair not to share my ideas, I mainly like just layouts and must of the time I like to use B500 and AX-14 as reference, so for you guys that use Sprint Layout 5 here is the files call it "B500 and more", so you can use them of course as diy not for sale or profit please use this files only to create images for etching, I'm not an expert but if this files are useful for any want that like layout feel free, you can use them, please if some one with more expertise see an error please let me know some times there are errors you don't see when eyes are tired.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• B500 and more.zip
    553.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • B500.jpg
    B500.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 2,554
Last edited:
Gassnov hi sir how long "size" is that board image? remember if you are to print that maybe it will be way to large in order to print out for etching, I'm not an expert but I recomended keep it simple as the original I also copied too, but 37.7 cm is about 14 inches is way to long for etching unless you are going to order that sending the gerbers the protection fan in my opinion should be separate I mean if you want it together maybe can be or not a good idea. about the pair maybe you will be ok with 5 pairs so you can reduce the size of the board I mean that is my opinion maybe other experience guys have a different thought, about you hate the drawing you did a pretty good job just analyze what can be done to make it work (size considerations, numbers of pairs, protection separate or not, traces sizes, "I always try to keep them at 1.50 mm" pad sizes 2.50 mm diameter, (if possible), correct component sizes, I always use DigiKey they have plenty of info for components measurements, also the board thickness your board has to be at least 2 mm thick so it will be not much flexing other words bend to much, ok sir I hope your project goes smoothly and work great good luck.

Regards
Juan