500W PA amplifier with Limiter

@ JOHN BALI:

Very nice design! I also wanted to build my B500 with TTA and TTC transistors, but they are unavaiable here :(
I like to get my hands on those trannies, their advantage is that their case is full plastic (even their heatsink side)
But finally I made it with 2SA & 2SC
I keep those TTA & TTC because maybe it not as good 2SA & 2SC
note that TTA & TTC is new product, maybe replacement for 2SA & 2SC
the back of those TTA & TTC are metals, not full plastic case
that make a little doubt, maybe it fake or not that good older version

I'm also happy if I can find full plastic case, so we can mount it easier:cheers:

Btw thanks, my PCB is not good there are miss-route on it
on it IC's pin 1 & 3, sorry not fix that yet

Regards

What happens if i dont use 47k resistor instead of LDR

When the sound of B500 is compared with AX-14 the treble of B500 is low and has more bass

How can i increase the brightness of the sound?

When clip LED glows does it indicates that the amp has reached to its maximum power???

Nothing happens without 47k resistor. Increase bias to 25mA per outputs for better treble. Clip LED glows about 10V before hard clip (about 80% power).

Hi Apex,

Just wanted to try your amp. But I have a question, can I used 2sc2240 and 2sa970 instead of 2n5551 and 2n5401?

regards,
smbl

afaik, those japanese trannies are better in terms of hfe's....

2sc2240
hFE
(Note)
VCE  6 V, IC  2 mA 200  700

2n5401
DC Current Gain
(IC = 1.0 mAdc, VCE = 5.0 Vdc)
(IC = 10 mAdc, VCE = 5.0 Vdc)
(IC = 50 mAdc, VCE = 5.0 Vdc)
hFE

A few question before I go to build this amp. I'm Just trying to understand the circuit, I been notice that Q1 and Q2 is in position of common collector biasing, correct me if I'm wrong, so the main signal path going through R15 and R16 and that time Q1, Q2 will saturate depend on the signal. now question again how it works D3, D4, D5 and D6.

Sorry for this ignorant question, Just wanted to know the behavior of intire ckt.

regards,
smb,

A few question before I go to build this amp. I'm Just trying to understand the circuit, I been notice that Q1 and Q2 is in position of common collector biasing, correct me if I'm wrong, so the main signal path going through R15 and R16 and that time Q1, Q2 will saturate depend on the signal. now question again how it works D3, D4, D5 and D6.

Sorry for this ignorant question, Just wanted to know the behavior of intire ckt.

regards,
smb,

The output of the op amp is fed to the emitters of Q1/Q2 via R15 and R16, actually Q1, Q2 are common base circuits, not common collector as you think...please look at the schematics again....:D

Diodes D3, D4, D5 and D6 biases Q1 and Q2, so that about 0.6mA runs thru these trannies.....

164918d1270039708-500w-pa-amplifier-limiter-apex-b500-sch.jpg

Last edited:

regards,
smb,

Go to http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/164093-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier-94.html post 934,
Regards