500W PA amplifier with Limiter

test voltage point?

Hello Sir Mile,

I have just finished to put components on my B500 board, right now I'm working with the protection circuit. i just want to ask about the key areas in the B500 schematic where I can test the voltage and the correct values that should be there?

I'm using a 10 Amperes, +/-50 volts AC and and in DC it's measuring on the multimeter around +/- 68 to 69 volts.

I'm using in R24 and R25: 2k2 2watts

Thank you in advance for the help that u can give.

regards,
mj777

power supply question

hey miles aka apexaudio, i want to use 40-0-40 transformer, how much ampere rating i should use for the transformer @ 2 ohms load and how much rms power it can deliver using this transfomer.

im expecting a rating 600w @ 2 ohms but not sure how much transformer amperes i should use. thanks

Hello,
I completed one channel of B500 Today,
Psu 37-0-37 3 Amperes.
Dc at out is 35mv.

The sound is very low, and very distorted.
I made connections as shown by mile.
Kindly Guide.

Attachments

• Component.jpg
    Component.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Solder.jpg
    Solder.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 1,434
want to use 40-0-40 transformer, how much ampere rating i should use for the transformer @ 2 ohms load ................ expecting a rating 600w @ 2 ohms but not sure how much transformer amperes
The usual and best advice for selecting a transformer for an audio power amp is that the VA should be between one times the maximum power rating and two times the maximum power rating.
For 600W of maximum output power, you can use a 600VA to 1200VA transformer.
The amplifier will work if the transformer is smaller than 600VA and it will also work if the transformer is over 1200VA. Buy what you can afford and do ask what the regulation is. The lower the regulation, the "better" the transformer. The voltage sags less when the amp is asked to deliver current to the load.

The usual and best advice for selecting a transformer for an audio power amp is that the VA should be between one times the maximum power rating and two times the maximum power rating.
For 600W of maximum output power, you can use a 600VA to 1200VA transformer.
The amplifier will work if the transformer is smaller than 600VA and it will also work if the transformer is over 1200VA. Buy what you can afford and do ask what the regulation is. The lower the regulation, the "better" the transformer. The voltage sags less when the amp is asked to deliver current to the load.

thanks andrew, do i need to add a few more trannies in this circuit so that it can handle loads @ 2 ohms?

theres a reason for me wanting to do this, i want to bridge this amp so that it can drive two subs rated 500w @ 8 ohms each using 40-0-40 VAC trasfo. In theory, if this amp can handle 600w @ 2ohms, bridging the amp could provide (fingers crossed) 1200w @ 4 ohms.