500W PA amplifier with Limiter

ESSBIBOI NSL 32 you have made?

nope...got them replaced...as what sir apex advised,...nsl 32 can be replaced with regular LED and LDR,...47k resistor may also do the job in place of LDR...LED serves as clip indicator...i placed it in front of the amp so i can see if amp clips...then i may lower down the volume...:):p:p:p:p:p

you can also place LED and LDR in a black tube facing each other...
this serves as an improvised NSL32...
tnx to sir apex advices...everything worked fine...

Transformer

hi everyone!!!...
today i've finished b500 and have mounted in the chasis...:p:p:p
i've tested it today...amp sounded reall good...very good for mids...
very crystal clear audio...very nice highs too...:D:D:D
one should make this amp...
tnx a lot to sir apex for sharing this very good sounding amp with us...
thank you sir...:p;):D:):happy2:

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
this amp deserves a drink...:drink::drink::drink:

yo thats a big transformer. Where did you get it and what are the specs?

Transformer

tnx...

my friend made that for me...he made it in just a day by hand...
EI core with 0v 220v 240v primary and 50 0 50 secondary @ 20amperes...:spin::spin::spin:

thats nice. Is it possible to make a similar transformer from a microwave oven transformer?. I have rewound one and its giving 35-0-35 ac. At no load its not heating at all. Is it suitable for the B500?

Thanks in advance

thats nice. Is it possible to make a similar transformer from a microwave oven transformer?. I have rewound one and its giving 35-0-35 ac. At no load its not heating at all. Is it suitable for the B500?

Thanks in advance
Yes, but voltage to low for B500, better use for this amp http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/164093-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier-28.html or this http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/162081-dc-servo-mosfet-amplifier-8.html
Regards

conversion

I not recommend any amp to be used with 4 ohms load in bridge, but many people do that without problem. If you use 1000VA transformer for stereo B500, like QSC in RMX1450 or CROWN in XLS602, you can used 4 ohms load in bridge.
Regards

apex, sir...

sir im very sorry for this silly question...:D:D:D
how do i translate 50v 0 50v 1000va trafo into amperes???...:confused::confused::confused:
i think i've read it somewhere in the thread but i just forgot where...:confused::confused::confused:

salamat po,
regards...

Ohm's law

You can calculate by yourself,
Regards

Attachments

• ohms-law.gif
    ohms-law.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 2,067