500W PA amplifier with Limiter

Hi Mile

it's ok if i use 2SC5200-2SA1943 instead of MJE15032-MJE15033 for driving stage ? because i want to design a new pcb for myself , but i want to use 4pair at first and use it with 4ohm loads, after that , add 4 pairs and stabilize it for 2ohm loads.

i'm also going to test limitter with H11F1 instead of NSL32. how can i test that limiter is working with H11F1 ?

Regards,
IRSound

Hi Mile

it's ok if i use 2SC5200-2SA1943 instead of MJE15032-MJE15033 for driving stage ? because i want to design a new pcb for myself , but i want to use 4pair at first and use it with 4ohm loads, after that , add 4 pairs and stabilize it for 2ohm loads.

i'm also going to test limitter with H11F1 instead of NSL32. how can i test that limiter is working with H11F1 ?

Regards,
IRSound

Use B500TEF schematic

Hello everyone..
I made Apex preamp ML3 today and fired it with phone audio
WOW! .. Amp sounded great and shook the house. just one channel. with well maitained crystal clear audio..
I am able to dial the preamp master control till 2o clock before the amp starts clipping..
No hum or hiss.. no disturbance at all.
Also the preamp mic input works great and it's loud using dynamic mic. nice detail and clarity till full power..(till clipping)
Just hoped to have hi-fi speakers around to test the amp. Anyway.. I used PA speakers..
Again thanks to Mile sir for such a nice powerful amp and preamp....
Thanks for posting it in facebook.. :)

I have few doubts..Mile sir or any one please answer..

1) My toroidal transformer rating is: Secondary: 60-30-0-30-60 @20amp with core rating of 2500va. So how many number of B500 channels can I use with this transformer for long run subwoofers in full volume for PA?

2) I get approximately +/-82vdc rail voltage. I am using four pairs of output transistors. Do I need to add more output transistors for long run of amp? also for 16ohms horn load?

3) At present I am using one B500 (ab class) on my traffo with 2*10000 uf caps so am I doing any harm to it by overloading it with more than required amperes from psu? Is that the reason I feel the amp is clipping faster than expected?

4) Can I use MUR3060 as equivalent for MUR1640 for step driver? hard to find BYV42.

5) Is the psu for step driver same as main board psu? one bridge diode + 2*10000uf, 100v caps?

sorry for silly questions..

Thanks for replies.. :)

Use B500TEF schematic
thanks mile ,
I've already have two schematic for 2ohm loads. which one is the best ?

B500 with triple darlington or B500TEF ? do you have another schematic for TEF ?
because i think B500TEF schematic isn't correct. for example it seems to operate with lower rail voltages. (15A fuse - BD681 ,etc)

Regards

Attachments

• APEX TRIPLE DARLINGTON.jpg
    APEX TRIPLE DARLINGTON.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 3,044
  • b500 TEF amplifier.JPG
    b500 TEF amplifier.JPG
    640 KB · Views: 1,326
Last edited:
24V Fan Don't work

Mr. Mile,
I made this PA protect for my B500 and everything works fine, Using 12V cooling fan it works in low speed in normal temp. And high speed when protect is activated.
But when I'm using 24V cooling fan, the fan doesn't work at all even the protect is activated.
Most of my cooling fan are 24V, Please advice what needs to change on the schematic?? or is it ok to replace 7912 to 7924?? As highlighted in red on the schematic?

Please advice,

Regards,
Wiljj78

Attachments

• APEX%20PA%20PROTECT.jpg
    APEX%20PA%20PROTECT.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 2,202