diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Solid State (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/)
-   -   100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/164093-100w-ultimate-fidelity-amplifier.html)

apexaudio 29th March 2010 06:54 PM

100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

2 Attachment(s)
I made this amplifier for test my home DIY speakers (two way TL).

event horizon 29th March 2010 07:15 PM

Hi Mile, at least i think that's right :)

Much as i love your thread on the class H amplifier (& i won't forget how you have possibly helped me create something of improved efficiency ;)) you need to bias that thing into class A & then you'll get even more fidelity.

You'll need to parallel output transistors & use huge heatsinks but i feel sure that class A biasing will show you the "ultimate fidelity". Admittedly a well biased class B is good, going OTT is the final hurdle & a rather fascinating transformation...

Bests to you chap & thanks for your posts on lots of interesting stuff, i for one seriously appreciate it :) Oh, i'm sure something will come of your input one day in the not too distant future ;)

Bests, Mark.

apexaudio 29th March 2010 07:32 PM

Amplifier is made to be better than most comercial home amps, and give me expect sound of my speakers in usual home audio sistem.

apexaudio 29th March 2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by event horizon (Post 2135824)
Hi Mile, at least i think that's right :)

Much as i love your thread on the class H amplifier (& i won't forget how you have possibly helped me create something of improved efficiency ;)) you need to bias that thing into class A & then you'll get even more fidelity.

You'll need to parallel output transistors & use huge heatsinks but i feel sure that class A biasing will show you the "ultimate fidelity". Admittedly a well biased class B is good, going OTT is the final hurdle & a rather fascinating transformation...

Bests to you chap & thanks for your posts on lots of interesting stuff, i for one seriously appreciate it :) Oh, i'm sure something will come of your input one day in the not too distant future ;)

Bests, Mark.

Thanks Mark

apexaudio 29th March 2010 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amplifier was based on my apex kelvin amp. This is a reason becouse great sound dont suprise me.

apexaudio 29th March 2010 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blue PCB

butch_vlad 29th March 2010 10:54 PM

Can we have the PCB layout to etch our own boards? I'm looking for new amplifier to try.
Apex do you have something similar with this one but with 2 pairs of output transistors? That is what I'm looking for but is hard to find. Was looking at Bora's Techno amplifier but I don't have enough info to make my own...yet...who knows.

wahab 29th March 2010 11:04 PM

There are obvious mistakes on the schematic..

butch_vlad 29th March 2010 11:11 PM

Yeah he likes to post schematics with mistakes :P
He will post the correct schematics after a while, I hope.
Can u name some mistakes?

wahab 29th March 2010 11:19 PM

R8 and R2 values are reversed..
R8 must be 560R and R2 22K...

C7 value ,is plain wrong , and should be much lower,
something between 3.3 and 18pF..

As i pointed it with many of his designs, R5 and C3
must be removed as they create a hard rail sticking when
the amp is overloaded.
There s better means to achive stability.....