100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hi,

I've never built an Apex power amp so looking through this thread the A9 and AX11 seem to be popular so I decided to send (very soon) the Gerbers to the PCB manuf. so I can have my own.
These PCB layouts were donated freely. (see attached Layout from Sonal Kunal and Thiagomogi, thanks guys)

I just realized that my power transformer are about +/-39Vac, 300Va, I've got 4 of them and I'd like to use them of course. This 78Vct translate to about +/-53Vdc so too high for the normal A9 and AX11. Can I use these nice PCB layout and change a few components to make them work at +/-53Vdc ?

If so, what should be changed ??

If not, my solution would be to make a bipolar buffered zener regulator a la Zen Part 3 from NP.

Thanks a lot,
Eric

You can use regulated PSU from thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/173462-studio-reference-amplifier-2.html
Regards

P30ZF

Zero Negative Feedback Preamplifier

Attachments

• APEX ZF Preamp.JPG
    APEX ZF Preamp.JPG
    451.3 KB · Views: 4,183
Hi,

I've never built an Apex power amp so looking through this thread the A9 and AX11 seem to be popular so I decided to send (very soon) the Gerbers to the PCB manuf. so I can have my own.
These PCB layouts were donated freely. (see attached Layout from Sonal Kunal and Thiagomogi, thanks guys)

I just realized that my power transformer are about +/-39Vac, 300Va, I've got 4 of them and I'd like to use them of course. This 78Vct translate to about +/-53Vdc so too high for the normal A9 and AX11. Can I use these nice PCB layout and change a few components to make them work at +/-53Vdc ?

If so, what should be changed ??

If not, my solution would be to make a bipolar buffered zener regulator a la Zen Part 3 from NP.

Thanks a lot,
Eric

I made simulation of AX11 topology using +-90VDC. It tested my my friend, he claimed it have good sound quality. If you interested, I can make AX11 simulation using +/-53VDC.

I had never made a layout for the "100W ultimate fidelity Amplifier-AX-14", there are many many interesting designs by various guys + Mr. Mile's compact layout.
Anyway here it is, similar to the FR-100 layout I did and is based on the attached schematic early on in this thread. Its compatible to adding more pairs easily by minor modifications, only in o/p stage of the layout.
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• APEX Kelvin V2.jpg
    APEX Kelvin V2.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 1,526
  • AX-14 lay.png
    AX-14 lay.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,460
Last edited:
I had never made a layout for the "100W ultimate fidelity Amplifier-AX-14", there are many many interesting designs by various guys + Mr. Mile's compact layout.
Anyway here it is, similar to the FR-100 layout I did and is based on the attached schematic early on in this thread. Its compatible to adding more pairs easily by minor modifications, only in o/p stage of the layout.
regards
Prasi

slightly revised with film i/p cap (15mm pitch like epcos 10u/63V)

Attachments

• AX-14 lay.png
    AX-14 lay.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,448
Last edited:
Hi Bimo,

That would be very nice of you :D

Will I be able to use the attached Layout ? (I already have the Gerber)

Thank you,
Eric

You have must be make the layout yourself. Because, it is slightly different than AX11 which originally using 35VDC. It is more like my modification of AX11 that built by someone here. For using +-53VDC, I will make the modification as simple as possible, but still have good specification.

Attachments

• AX11modbybimo53VDC.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 588
  • AX11modbybimo53VDC.asc
    19.5 KB · Views: 243
P30ZF preamplifier PCB layout ,not tested ..... :)
Regards,Alex

Hey Alex,

Very cool! A new circuit to build. :lickface:

I am in the process of finally mounting my P30, built on your layout, into a case. I have the A class PSU built for it. The only thing I'm lacking is the MM28 phono circuit. If you get to feeling ambitious would you give a stab at a layout for it? I would love to have the complete setup. Here's the schematic.

Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• APEX MM28.JPG
    APEX MM28.JPG
    448.8 KB · Views: 818