100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Dear Apex, Im try to desighn the preamp for my b500. could you please to chack for me this desighn. Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Your pcb design for stereo preamp from post #57 is OK, I suggest to use stereo buffer as preamp.

Attachments

• APEX FET PREAMP BUFFER.jpg
    APEX FET PREAMP BUFFER.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 3,226
TEF Configuration

Yes TEF is Triple Emitter Follower output stage like this AX18.

I want to know the correct placement of bd139 for correct thermal compensation in tef configuration.should it be mount on on the first stage of tef configuration ? shuold all these transistor in tef configuration be mount on the same heatsink along with the output transistor together with bd139?

regards,
drowranger

I want to know the correct placement of bd139 for correct thermal compensation in tef configuration.should it be mount on on the first stage of tef configuration ? shuold all these transistor in tef configuration be mount on the same heatsink along with the output transistor together with bd139?

regards,
drowranger

BD139 must be mounted on the same heatsink together with drivers and outputs, only predrivers can be placement separate,
Regards

Hi Mr. Damanhuri, one of my best friends in local audio community forum. I am still courious with this amplifier reproduction. With some components up grades I hope it will make better sound.

Dear Mr. Slavkovic./ Apex:
How about changing the transformer into toroidal type? Will it make a lot of improvements? My friend has some bad experiences using toroidal transformers, 2 times blew up after 2 hours operation. There were because of the toroidal quality I supposed. Now he is trying to make his own toroidal.

Ok Dear Mr. Apex. I will take a picture and post it...later...I put B1 buffer. It's a little bit difficult to find good caps with higher votage more than 63 volt. I plan to supply 45 - 0 - 45 Vac. Some suppliers only have 50 volt as a common. Now it is operating in 40 - 0 - 40 Vac.
Best Regards,
Arif

I suggest to use regulated PSU.

Attachments

• apexgotov.jpg
    apexgotov.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 1,066
Hi Mr. Damanhuri, one of my best friends in local audio community forum. I am still courious with this amplifier reproduction. With some components up grades I hope it will make better sound.

Dear Mr. Slavkovic./ Apex:
How about changing the transformer into toroidal type? Will it make a lot of improvements? My friend has some bad experiences using toroidal transformers, 2 times blew up after 2 hours operation. There were because of the toroidal quality I supposed. Now he is trying to make his own toroidal.

Toroidal type transformer have adventages but problem can be high voltage from turn to turn in primary wireing (over 200vac).

Symetrical Descrite Amplifier

B500 with single pair of outputs can be use as Hi-Fi amplifier. Basicly B500 is symetrical descrite amplifier with common base input stage. OP amp is for DC servo and AC input buffer for low impedance emiter amp input.

Attachments

• B100.jpg
    B100.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 2,980
  • APEX B50 SCH.jpg
    APEX B50 SCH.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 3,178
  • APEX B000 SCH.jpg
    APEX B000 SCH.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 3,494