100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hi APEX, i like you schematics. Thank you fr sharing!
It looks to me nice and simple enough to try a a DIY ! I was reading all the thread :p, and I found it very interesting. Since I tried to understand it all, Can you explain me why you have C3-R5 (Wahab at beginning had some words) and why D1? Are they necessary ?
And then that R3, won´t be better to split it in two emitter resistors for the LTP? Look, I am sure 100% you design is OK, I am only trying to understand a little bit how it works.
Thanks- ATX

Go to posts #56 and #60 by 'Eva' in thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/163159-150w-mosfet-amplifier-irfp250x2-6.html,
Regards

Hi apex,
Looking forward to build ax14,I want to build a stereo set.
I am having a pair of 2ski530-2sj201,2 pairs
2sc2922-2sa1216-2 pairs
mjl21193-21194-5 pairs
can you suggest if i can use these for ax14, And what would be the optimum voltage to be used.
Also if i use higher voltages than recommended what precautions should i take-will bigger heat sink be a good option

what would this amp be class -A or Class-B

Also i want suggestions as how to get 300 watts rms with this amp.
I need to for tower speaker which have 2, 8inchers in 1 tower and rated at 200 watts rms at 8 ohms per woofer, so 2 woofers mean 400 watss rms

i used to diy a long back, its been several years, so i would need your guidance.

VAS from AX-14 can work with +/-120V DC rail voltage without change, with output stage upgrade U can get 500W/8R. I also use MOSFETs for some versions...
I made this class H version ' Ultimate 500' for test, and work great with +/-120V,+/-60V,0V rail votages.
Regards

Attachments

• Ultimate 500.JPG
    Ultimate 500.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 4,485
Hi Apex,
Spend the day listening to AX14, My other amp is a symasym 5.3
Sound of AX14 is very good, bass are impressive, trebble and médium not agressive.very dynamic. (very much power for so a little board at 40VDC)
I'll made a complete amp. I've print a second regulated psu board and the second amp board.
It will be 2Xmono: 2XTransfo 30VAC 120VA (have them on stock), 2 reg PSU with 4X4700uf (find nichicon 4700uF/80V for 2Euros/p).
I think i'll be very happy with it.
Thanks for protection board, but i use velleman K4700 (very little board for two channels protection).
Thanks again, will give some news about the stéréo AX14.

I want more diyers like 'jeff9200' to share expirience with AX-14, PCB size is little but this is great amp evan with single pair of outputs.

Attachments

• IMG_1370web.jpg
    IMG_1370web.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 4,225
Last edited:
hello apex,
congratulation sir miles,
almost 333 people likes you on your facebook account,
because of your contribution to diy community,
and generosity and support.
we look forward on your diy help mission,
almost all your thread rated at excellent to good congratulation also,
maybe your account reach sky rocket high when VERTEX start,happy new year to all.

Sir,do you have pcb design of 'Ultimate B500'??

Regards

I suggest U to build AX-14, it's 'The Best DIY Amp Ever'. If you realy want to build diy amp no need to planing, colecting schematics and parts... and wait a year or two, like most diyers on this forum, AX-14 U can build for fun over the weekend and enjoy... 100W is more than enough for home listening.
Regards

Can you explain me why you have C3-R5 (Wahab at beginning had some words) and why D1? Are they necessary ?
I have seen the reply on this post.
But I have a question on the same subject. Coud the amplifier work anyway, altough with a different (shaped) passband, WITHOUT those 3 components? It seems to me a very good design to build but I am afraid of what can happen in case of unwanted clipping.
Thanks
effebi

Last edited:
I have seen the reply on this post.
But I have a question on the same subject. Coud the amplifier work anyway, altough with a different (shaped) passband, WITHOUT those 3 components? It seems to me a very good design to build but I am afraid of what can happen in case of unwanted clipping.
Thanks
effebi

AX-14 have perfect clipping behaviour (posts #52, #64... http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/173094-diy-audio-popular-amps-simulations-6.html) , don't change anything just use latest schematics.
Regards