100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

this is the best i can get with my phone camera .its night here now.

i havent tested the psu yet.i will connect the 35A rectifier and put back the short circuit protection.

do you suggest 0.22ohm resistors for short circuit protection ? i am using a 24-0-24 volt /200VA transformer which is +-33 volt dc after rectification and smoothing capacitors.
Use 0.22ohm, with +/-33V DC no need for 35A rectifier you can use 10A.
66Vx10A=660W, and your amplifier will be 75W/4ohm with +/-33V rail voltage, 150W for both channels, with 70% eficiency of AB class you need 200W from PSU minimum, I recomended 300W, but 10A rectifier will be OK.
Regards

thank you.

by the way, do you have one pair output amplifier design with opamp at the input?

do those amps sound good or is it better to have discrete components at the input instead of opamps?
My PA amps use OP-amp at the input on the best possible way. I can't tell you anything about is it better sound than discrete, it's up to you.
Here is schematics of B50 with single darllington pair outputs.

Attachments

• APEX B50.jpg
    APEX B50.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 7,719
I must say DIY amplifiers are different than comercial amps. Look at the schematics of Pioneer A80 from 80', and you can't find anything better in modern amplifier schematics, and DIY amplifier is not made to competition with comercial in that way, but if you use quality case, heatsinks, speakers terminals, strong transformer and more caps, outputs... than brands, you can get valuable stuff.