100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Mr.Mile, I have built the TB3. It's good and works well. But, Given a choice, I would still prefer your stereo tone control( with TL074).The TB3 has a good bass and treble control, but I have to fully reduce the midrange,to suit my taste. opening the midrange adds to a enhanced and prominent vocals, which,IMHO, is not musical. In contrast, your two band tone control,offers clear, natural ,midrange and vocals. Thank-you anyway for the TB3. I wanted to build a 3 band equaliser for a long time. And your TB3 schematic made it come true.

Mr.Mile, Is there a simple loudness control circuit,which you can share? ( without the centre tap pot- it's difficult to get these days)

Mr.Mile, I have built the TB3. It's good and works well. But, Given a choice, I would still prefer your stereo tone control( with TL074).The TB3 has a good bass and treble control, but I have to fully reduce the midrange,to suit my taste. opening the midrange adds to a enhanced and prominent vocals, which,IMHO, is not musical. In contrast, your two band tone control,offers clear, natural ,midrange and vocals. Thank-you anyway for the TB3. I wanted to build a 3 band equaliser for a long time. And your TB3 schematic made it come true.

Mr.Mile, Is there a simple loudness control circuit,which you can share? ( without the centre tap pot- it's difficult to get these days)

Use this circuit.

Attachments

• APEX Loudness.JPG
    APEX Loudness.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,471

That is strange. My TB3 seemed fairly flat with the tone controls centered. Did you use linear pots?

That is strange. My TB3 seemed fairly flat with the tone controls centered. Did you use linear pots?

Yes.Mr.Terry, I used linear pots. What I meant to convey is, I like the sound with the midrange all the way down. Bass and treble controls are good,and I keep it maximum. If it's imagined like a graphic equalizer, it would be looking as a U curve:)
Mr.Terry, you seem to be a quick builder and your PDF files have helped me a lot. Can you pls build apex stereo tone control( TL074 based, given at mics,preamp thread). I am sure it's going to be a interesting comparison. I too vaguely remember that Mr.Mile himself quoted the later as his favourite.

In short, the TB3 is very versatile and flexible tone shaper, whereas the stereo two band control is a neutral, transparent tone control.Just merges nicely with all genres.(IMHO)

P.S. My power amp is a DIY TDA 2050 transconductance amp. ( if it points out something)

I tried attaching a few pics, but it says it cant be processed because of some security token missing.

Anyway,Mr.Mile,
I have a few doubts in your +/- 12 VOLT ps with 2n5551,2n5401. I built it and got + 0/-16 volt, with the specified components. I replaced the 2n5551 with another one, and it remained the same. I then replaced the same with BC547 and this time i got +16/-15 volt. My doubts are

1.Why i could not get 12 volt ?
2.Anything wrong in my transistor substitution?
3.Is it okay to use this for a tB3 since they are not symmetrical?

Thanks in ADVANCE Mr.Mile. Your help is appreciated.

I tried attaching a few pics, but it says it cant be processed because of some security token missing.

Anyway,Mr.Mile,
I have a few doubts in your +/- 12 VOLT ps with 2n5551,2n5401. I built it and got + 0/-16 volt, with the specified components. I replaced the 2n5551 with another one, and it remained the same. I then replaced the same with BC547 and this time i got +16/-15 volt. My doubts are

1.Why i could not get 12 volt ?
2.Anything wrong in my transistor substitution?
3.Is it okay to use this for a tB3 since they are not symmetrical?

Thanks in ADVANCE Mr.Mile. Your help is appreciated.

+16V/-15V can be use for TB3... what is the post number of this regulator?