100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

After detailed check :magnify:,of traces I find ,only one mistake as usual .
Corrected layout attached below , I will test as soon as I have some time to do this. I will report my results ;)
Regards ,Alex

Attachments

• A23 PCB APEX AMPLIFIER ALL.jpg
    A23 PCB APEX AMPLIFIER ALL.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,034
  • IMG_6050-001.JPG
    IMG_6050-001.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 1,734
  • IMG_6053.JPG
    IMG_6053.JPG
    275 KB · Views: 1,598
  • IMG_6054.JPG
    IMG_6054.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 1,533
Last edited:
After detailed check :magnify:,of traces I find ,only one mistake as usual .
Corrected layout attached below , I will test as soon as I have some time to do this. I will report my results ;)
Regards ,Alex

Very nice to see the evolution of an amplifier :)!
Much fun, but a lot of work and time...
Great Job Alex!

regards Olaf

Attachments

• A33_Evolution_01.jpg
    A33_Evolution_01.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1,486
sorry, i wasn't thinking about that part of pcb: on the right it is "protect indicator" added from APEX-Zack NE555 protection and on the left there is clip indicator. that is added to a pcb but that does not affect the basic schematic of an amplifier or the way it works. i have had a free space on a pcb so that was the best way to use it,at the moment.

Did you make any changes to the layout? I am having issues on the negative rail on both boards.

Thanks, Terry

Did you make any changes to the layout? I am having issues on the negative rail on both boards.

Thanks, Terry

both versions work,one was done by me (with dual op-amp) and the other one by Djera (with single op-amp).

the latest files were only a little bit differente than Djera´s and my and all the difference is in a way of connecting GND from power supply to an amplifier PCB.

my and Djera´s pcb´s (first versions) have only main GND wire that goes from amp-pcb to a ground star of PSU,and newer pcb has PGND that should go with thicker wire to a PSU star GND,and two SGND that can be connected with not so thick wire,again to a star ground of PSU.

both versions should work fine,i just finished dual op-amp version,painted inclosure and wired completly:

Attachments

• DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    449.3 KB · Views: 1,382
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    451.4 KB · Views: 1,520
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 1,625
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 1,766
PCB correction

Sorry ,found another error ,I hope the last one :( It's corrected ......:)
So new files attached .... Files like : bottom and silk screen printed on transparent film foil can be used in photographic method as well if mirrored.
Regards Alex

Attachments

• A23 PCB ALL COLOR.jpg
    A23 PCB ALL COLOR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,603
  • APEX A23 ALEX ALL.pdf
    224.9 KB · Views: 844
  • APEX A23 ALEX BOTTOM MIR.pdf
    92.6 KB · Views: 697
  • APEX A23 ALEX TOP MIRRORED.pdf
    279 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
both versions work,one was done by me (with dual op-amp) and the other one by Djera (with single op-amp).

the latest files were only a little bit differente than Djera´s and my and all the difference is in a way of connecting GND from power supply to an amplifier PCB.

my and Djera´s pcb´s (first versions) have only main GND wire that goes from amp-pcb to a ground star of PSU,and newer pcb has PGND that should go with thicker wire to a PSU star GND,and two SGND that can be connected with not so thick wire,again to a star ground of PSU.

both versions should work fine,i just finished dual op-amp version,painted inclosure and wired completly:

Here are some pics of one of my boards. Please look to see if you can find any errors. The board will not power up properly. I installed a 500R trimmer since the schematic shows 220R in that position. I didn't have 2W 1R so I installed 5W 0R33 emitters and I used two 1W 6K8 resistors in paralell for the 2W 3k3 resistors.

Thanks, Terry

Attachments

• A23 top.jpg
    A23 top.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 840
  • A23 bottom.jpg
    A23 bottom.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 537
Here are some pics of one of my boards. Please look to see if you can find any errors. The board will not power up properly. I installed a 500R trimmer since the schematic shows 220R in that position. I didn't have 2W 1R so I installed 5W 0R33 emitters and I used two 1W 6K8 resistors in paralell for the 2W 3k3 resistors.

Thanks, Terry

changes you made are not a reason for problems you have. what op-amp do you use? re-check if there is any unwanted connections and if all the transistors are on their places,tourned as they should be. what to92 transistors do you use?

changes you made are not a reason for problems you have. what op-amp do you use? re-check if there is any unwanted connections and if all the transistors are on their places,tourned as they should be. what to92 transistors do you use?

I will have to go back and read though again. I used screenprint from post 3576. I see now that there are new versions. I used TL072. All TO92 are what are called out in the screen print. Without a matching schematic, trouble shooting is very difficult.

Thanks, Terry