100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Hello guys I like to share this version of AX-11 I did a couple of weeks ago and I did not have the correct components to star with so I say to myself, well I do not have this or that what can be done? then I try out using different transistors so instead of using BC546 and BC556 I use 2N5551 and 2N5401 instead of using BD679A is use BD139, instead of using MJE15030/31 I use MJE340 and MJE350. Before that I simulate the schematic on multisim 12 and all seems to be fine but after I fire up the amplifier it did sounds really good nice deep bass and also really quite no humming sounds completely "0" really nice but I notice that the volume on my PC was not enough I can say it was putting out maybe 50 watts at 8 ohm load and I decide to change one resistor in particular the 22K on this PDF file that I'm going to leave here you will see R15 changed to 47K according to the simulation if R15 goes up also increases the power this is just a test also R11 has something to do with the gain of the amplifier but I do not mess with that to much, according to the simulator if you drop R11 to 600 ohms you can have more power from it but this is just a simulator in real life I have not try it yet to change R11 and R11 still the same 2K2. ok let go to the matched potato about sound I really like the bass is deep, voice singing is absolutely wonderful, nice highs too. I forgot to mention that I use a +43 0 -43 power supply I have not try 55V but not sure it that is safe so if you guys that have more knowledge than me let me know if that is safe or not, about BIAS I did not set it correctly yet I just install the 3K3 resistors and it seems to work fine the main transistor did not get hot at all I mean no so hot.

I play music for a while yesterday maybe 3 hours or more and the amp behave just fine I try Sade albums, Fresh Aire III "London Symphony" some hip hop and all music is really enjoyable. I made a different version of mister Willie first board I already ask him if I can share this and he toll me yes man go ahead ! :D why I'm doing this? because Willie and I become friends doing this that we love so much so he help me out and I help him out too, so I will share this here maybe some one that has difficulty to find correct parts need it something a lot easier to get so here it is just try it it works for me :D.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• AX-11 Willie and Vargas.pdf
    41.7 KB · Views: 703
  • AX-11 testing.jpg
    AX-11 testing.jpg
    698.8 KB · Views: 2,271
  • AX-11 mirror.pdf
    16.8 KB · Views: 510
  • AX-11 Willie concept.jpg
    AX-11 Willie concept.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 2,396
  • AX-11.pdf
    53.8 KB · Views: 637
  • AX-11 hot iron.pdf
    16.8 KB · Views: 594
  • AX-11 blue view.png
    AX-11 blue view.png
    333.4 KB · Views: 2,145
Last edited:
Hello guys I like to share this version of AX-11 I did a couple of weeks ago and I did not have the correct components to star with so I say to myself, well I do not have this or that what can be done? then I try out using different transistors so instead of using BC546 and BC556 I use 2N5551 and 2N5401 instead of using BD679A is use BD139, instead of using MJE15030/31 I use MJE340 and MJE350. Before that I simulate the schematic on multisim 12 and all seems to be fine but after I fire up the amplifier it did sounds really good nice deep bass and also really quite no humming sounds completely "0" really nice but I notice that the volume on my PC was not enough I can say it was putting out maybe 50 watts at 8 ohm load and I decide to change one resistor in particular the 22K on this PDF file that I'm going to leave here you will see R15 changed to 47K according to the simulation if R15 goes up also increases the power this is just a test also R11 has something to do with the gain of the amplifier but I do not mess with that to much, according to the simulator if you drop R11 to 600 ohms you can have more power from it but this is just a simulator in real life I have not try it yet to change R11 and R11 still the same 2K2. ok let go to the matched potato about sound I really like the bass is deep, voice singing is absolutely wonderful, nice highs too. I forgot to mention that I use a +43 0 -43 power supply I have not try 55V but not sure it that is safe so if you guys that have more knowledge than me let me know if that is safe or not, about BIAS I did not set it correctly yet I just install the 3K3 resistors and it seems to work fine the main transistor did not get hot at all I mean no so hot.

I play music for a while yesterday maybe 3 hours or more and the amp behave just fine I try Sade albums, Fresh Aire III "London Symphony" some hip hop and all music is really enjoyable. I made a different version of mister Willie first board I already ask him if I can share this and he toll me yes man go ahead ! :D why I'm doing this? because Willie and I become friends doing this that we love so much so he help me out and I help him out too, so I will share this here maybe some one that has difficulty to find correct parts need it something a lot easier to get so here it is just try it it works for me :D.

Regards
Juan

Very nice dear Juan... very nice...please keep it up bro!!:up::up::up:
Congratulation and thank you for sharing us your AX-11...:cheers:
Regards,

Hi wiljj
If you have some time do you mind making pcb to accept 3 x (10000uF-100V) per rail, so I can use protect on 200W amp.
Maybe 5W for zobel resistor.

Thanks

You mean like this?
If you want 5W for zobel just give me some more time, just try make this modification when i got extra time after work.
Regards,

Attachments

• Ver.3 Red.JPG
    Ver.3 Red.JPG
    548.3 KB · Views: 2,049