Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You have an active mind Carlos.

Maybe whilst in hospital you could think to invent or cross breed an amplifier with one of the hospitals many electronic equipment they have. Maybe a blood transfusion amplifier so you can feel the music inside. I don't know how a catheta amp would be like. Might not recommend that one.

Regards

niss_man

Thank you....i could help....they have a meter to body fat

works with ultrasonic pulses...but never worked in that hospital...because super fat guys..... they had 12 meters in junk..... i told them to touch over wet skin....and fixed.... i found myself very happy...i could help!

Impedance meter using high frequencies.

regards,

Carlos

Be sure i am reading each one of you have posted...and i thank each one of you by the kindness, energies sent,prays, blessing, good vibrations and positive thinking that for sure helped me a lot.

In the hospital, someone said, my passed away family was there waiting for me... to pick me up.... i think they have returned with empty hands this time.

ahahahahahh!

Last edited:
RE DX Complete

Hello Uncle Charlie,

Good to see you are getting strong again.....well done......some progress on my DX ST amp......I completed my amps.....assemble in case....measure shorts etc.....everything did look okey........when I switched it on both channel fuses blow.......do not know where the problem is....:(:(:( disasemble case, test amps on bench and both channels blown.....was a bit down......but when I read about your courage and will, I decided to keep on....... I am going to finish my amp uncle Charlie...... I am going to do it for u....my present to you for all that you have thought us.......will keep you posted on my progress and post some pics tommorrow.....get well soon and be strong uncle Charlie:D:D:D

Regards,
Macd

This happens dear Macd....it is very normal to have something wrong way

Check transistors...if NPN is in the NPN position...also if PNP is in PNP position..the diodes position...check your supply polarity... this one, the positive goes rigth side when transistors are up...not sure about that..but check your supply polarity and inspect schematic.

Maybe in the VBE multiplier you have something wrong..check resistance values there, check if you have or not short in the BD139 hole...the screw crossing it use to produce shorts.

Transistors use to produce surprises...also resistance wrong values, under rated capacitors, electrolitic with inverted polarity..... supply polarity inverted... these things happens.

Take a breath.... use your courage and inspect...measure resistance from positive to ground (High) and them invert the probe points.... do the same from negative to ground (High) and them invert the probe points once more...check from positive to negative and invert probe points.

Check the BD139/140 position...the drivers have metalic part facing left side when power transistors are pointing up...and ground pointing down...positive supply at rigth side and negative supply at left side (check if positive is rigth watching the schematic)

regards,

Carlos

Transistors arrived from Evette, my french canadien friend

a bubble envelope arrived today containing more than 150 small transistors.
the transistors are:

MPS5899
2SC1815 and 2SA1015
2N5401 and 2N5551

Thank you very much, dear Joseph from Mont Royal - Canada.

I had no troubles with Brazilian customs, because you wrote 10 dollars over the envelope, and you have printed "small transistors as a gift for a friend"

These parts will be very usefull in my laboratory.

Regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
tranistors

:DDear mr.Carlos the transistors should read mps8599--mps8099,, these transistors were a test for me to make sure you can recieve them..Now I,ll start shipping the tranmsistors that you really wanted,,,these will be a get well gift, which I hope other members of this forum might see fit to send you. God Bless and get well. Evette

Great ones dear Evette, i found strange so many MPS8599

without complementary and i had that in my imagination...i found different leads shape that shows different transistor or different brand...but i have not my magnification lenses here..i could not notice they are complementary.

Good!...excellent!...this is much better....much better this way.

Thank you very much..now we found the way to make them arrive without problems...have just to print in the envelope frontal face:

Amateur use
Transistors as gift for a friend
Value bellow 50USD

regards,

Carlos

I do not know Mario...depends on Miguel Nabuco (Mitchell)

You go there and ask for boards, please, then they may start another group buy in these next monthes.

You can have German boards, international group buy was opened by Rudi...soon he will publish the link here....you can see the link already published in the Htforum.

You can order from Rudi, the red German boards...having group buy opened, then we are inside the law with all protection the rules and legislations can give to us...can be Brazilian or stranger, no problems, not exclusive...this is to wide world.

As you are subscribed in this forum, then you can order....you need paypall to transfer money to Rudi...and then he will send to your adress.

I have suggested Rudi to collect the value in advance to order boards from his manufacturer....because people give up, and then Rudi already had spend his money ordering..he will have to pay for that board someone may give up....this way...if the guy give up..money is lost.... and board will go to his adress.... payment in advance is better this way..... as Rudi have not to pay for some folks that change their mind very often.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
DX Blame Group Buy

Dear DIY friends,

since my initial order of METAL's beautiful DX Blame PCBs for the beautiful DX Blame was out of stock after only a couple of days
and I still get a lot of inquiries concerning the availability of the DX Blame PCB I decided to open a second round Group BUY for the PCBs today.

Here it is:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/172901-dx-blame-group-buy.html#post2290240

Go for it and be the owner of one of the best sounding AMPs that exists.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Thank you Coolet.

I would like to inform my friends that one of my daugthers graduated in laws ( she will be a Federal Judge, for sure, in a matter of years).

The interesting thing, she made that in the same school my father graduated in laws in 1939.... the same school the father of my father graduated in laws in 1895.

Alike the Dx Blame ST, my daugthers are my babies...and uncle charlie is really proud of them all.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Same College.jpg
    Same College.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 452
  • Graduated.jpg
    Graduated.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 402
I would like to inform my friends that one of my daugthers graduated in laws ( she will be a Federal Judge, for sure, in a matter of years).

The interesting thing, she made that in the same school my father graduated in laws in 1939.... the same school the father of my father graduated in laws in 1895.

Alike the Dx Blame ST, my daugthers are my babies...and uncle charlie is really proud of them all.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos congratulations to you the mother and aspecialy to your lovely looking daughter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.