Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here some more images..Audio Fest Rio 2010

attached,

You see..audiophiles looks the same all over the world.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,022
  • DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 994
  • DSC00488.JPG
    DSC00488.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 983
A clone of this one was presented, and sounded very good too

almost have matched the Dx Blame (same circuit in my imagination), but had troubles with the protection circuit..entered in protection.

Sergio said the Dx Blame was the best... despite some guys found them even.

I can believe that...also left and rigth channels in the Dx Blame are even.

The first image, left side one, shows the original amplifier.. a clone, a copy, was presented in the audio fest...an amplifier made in China...the center one, the B22 is another amplifier presented in the festival

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• This is original.jpg
    This is original.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 969
  • another amplifier.jpg
    another amplifier.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 928
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Exclusive supply, a brazilian design, a simplified supply is under test

to be applied to Dx Amplifiers...not a Dx Corporation design..will be tested and included as a suggested supply only.

Werley Brito, a brazilian designer is the one made it...will be used (if aproved) by license.

I cannot post schematic for a while..i have to ask Werley

a SMPS

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC01009.jpg
    DSC01009.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 346
to be applied to Dx Amplifiers...not a Dx Corporation design..will be tested and included as a suggested supply only.

Werley Brito, a brazilian designer is the one made it...will be used (if aproved) by license.

I cannot post schematic for a while..i have to ask Werley

a SMPS

regards,

Carlos

That's interesting one Carlos, tell us how the Dx Blame sounds with an SMPS please.

Regards

The Dx Blame ST was demonstrated to DIY and audiophile communitty at Rio de Janeiro

Brazil - South America.

It was the one sounded the best considering reports i have listened.

Place is Riocentro - Barra da Tijuca, near the Autódromo.

regards,

Carlos

...........................................................................................

Will do it Metal...and will keep you informed....give me a couple of monthes, i am in contact with the designer that will instruct me.

Attachments

• Citta Office.jpg
    Citta Office.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 537
  • Caixas Renato.jpg
    Caixas Renato.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 363
  • Renato, speaker designer.jpg
    Renato, speaker designer.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Dx Blame ST and other Dx Amplifiers are not being sold in Brazil.

in the reality, they are not being sold anywhere..it is a DIY, for free audio amplifier...for builders.... for them to be happy...this will drive me happy too.

One day this may change...and then i will not be here anymore posting advertising...OR..will at the paid forum advertising.

Images where reduced in size to save forum bandwidth.... i can upload 2 megabytes each second and upload 20 megabytes each second...so... things where reduce because bandwidth, and also, to the ones have slow internet connections.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Meeting 1.jpg
    Meeting 1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 225
  • Meeting 2.jpg
    Meeting 2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 234
  • People.jpg
    People.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 259
Is this transformer good for audio amplifiers?.. is it good for a Dx amplifier?

Yes..for sure it is...Dx amplifiers, and not only Dx amplifiers, can work with a very extended range of voltages..sometimes we have to adjust something, to include more output pairs, to adjust bootstrap resistances, to substitute some condenser because insulating voltage..but they should work fine with any voltage above 20 volts...some of them can work from 6 volts and up (simetrical volts).

Here you have a video made for novice, nice young people and interested senior folks.... made because two friends and because my Orkut friends too:

YouTube - Is this trafo good for Dx amplifiers?...part 1

YouTube - Is this trafo good for Dx amplifiers?... part 2

regards,

Carlos

2N5401/2N5551 pair may work, but i cannot guarantee

2N5401 has colector and emitter leads inverted related the BC556.

Better option may be BC557....no lead invertion.... but be carefull, the first VAS cannot be BC547!....so... substitution of all BC546 and BC556 by BC547 and BC557 will not work (in all cases)

I thougth you were almost finishing!...i see you are very carefull and do things slowly not to make mistakes.

2SC2240 and 2SA970 may work too...but i am unable to give you guarantee, as i have not installed these ones in my boards....i do not take the risk to suggest untested things..chances are bigger than 90 percent....but....this is not 100 percent....sometimes these buggers (2SC2240 loves to) oscilate.

In the reality, there are zillion of billions of models that may fit....beeing able to work with more than 70 volts from colector to emitter, having gain from 250 to 350 will work fine.... the current need is small and all transistors can match .... the ones can work above 100 megahertz now a days are very common.... and the same lead position is also easy to find (base at center and colector left side when numbers are facing you.... leads down, alike a three leg's man in stand up position.

If your amplifier have supplies of 35 plus 35...... in other words, 70 volts supply, them select transistor able to operate with sligthly higher voltage...let's say 80 or a little bit more volts from colector to emitter...this will guarantee your transistor will be operating in it's linear area when people uses standard currents.... a choice of 250 volts transistor, when your supply is 70, is not a good idea.

You should not have surprises...but i cannot guarantee untested parts..... related sonics that'no magic mistery things on that.... i have tested and compared several times..2N5401 and 2N5551 sounds absolutelly the same as BC546 and BC556...so, there's no advantage to substitute one by the other...technically, the BC is even more linear than these 2N because it's voltage and current transference graphic. (if i can remember well, and if i am not confused about...this happens, i am not so good in order not to make mistakes...i am human!)

The big trouble when we change parts is that we usually make mistakes when assembling...this is human, this is normal, this happens...but when we have one part that is not the correct one, we will be confused thinking the one is the guilty..when may be not..so..this is another factor to add confusion when we try to degub amplifiers searching for our errors.

Good to follow the schematic, and exactly the way it is..because when debugging, at least you will be sure parts selection is not the problem..so..soldering and parts position and wrong values of resistances may be the mistake to be found.

This happens...mistakes happens...and this happens much more with skilled folks..the self confidence make them produce more mistakes then the beginners.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.