Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made the DX BLAME ST with layout rev 1.5d ampli and I want to use it with 4 Ohm speaker because I want use it in my car.. I'm testing with a 8 Ohm Tannoy speakers with a SMPS 34.5 + 34.5 Volts homemade and it's all ok, the sound is fantastic but I wanted to know if I could have problems to use it with 4 ohm and if the bias must be reduced... actualy is 40ma stable....

regards

Larry
IØKIB

Thank you my dear friend...that's the reason why i am so confident

I am not the best as some people may think i evaluate myself...but i do think this amplifier is unbeatable...reason why i feel scandall when someone try to criticise.... i do think the one is absolutelly crazy...or just do not know what he is talking about....criticise this amplifier is an heresy...a big sin against the perfect sound!... trying to make you not to build and not to listen and to live your life in the deep shadows of ignorance.

Then sometimes i feel shocked...because doubts about this amplifier performance is terrible alike a heresy ... a terrible attack to what is rational and sensitive... a crime against those who have a
ability to hear.... agression against the audiophile highest feelings, an act of insanity ...an unforgiving action against the communitty to create doubts and suspectious feelings about this piece of sonic precious jewellery .. a demonstration of exponential stupidity mixed with very low level of contact with the reality...the ones have listened, knows, without doubts, that no one, in perfect condition inside their mind, can say the amplifier is no good.... because alike me, and tenths of guys that have built, this should be the best amplifier, or one of the best ones the guy will have the chance to listen to.

Satisfaction is absolutelly guaranteed, and supported by several guys like you that will never accept a single word against this amplifier.

I was lucky, and collecting glories i do not deserve...Doctor Self did that..i was someone that worked hard to put my mark on it..to associate it with my name..to create a sonic signature that could justify to call it mine too.

50 years guys..this is half century...building and building amplifiers, and listening and listening...and buying and buying and replacing and substituting and tuning amplifiers....i have never listened something so good..you cannot imagine the important and famous brands where smashed, desintegrated, without any chance to compete with this amplifier..the most lovely, perfect, delicious sound i have ever listened too...each day is a pleasure to discover more instruments in my musics.

Join us..use Doctor Self hat and Dx shirt...build yours....be happy folks..it is for free... guaranteed the travel to the sonic paradise!

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Has anyone successfully used a preamp/buffer with the Blame ES/ST ? I have tried and failed miserably....I used different preamp/buffers (valve, SS) but all of them coloured the sound very evidently and there was some loss of dynamics and bass.

I have never experienced this before with my other amps. In fact, those amps needed a preamp/buffer to sound their best, but not so for the Blame ES. Mind boggling.

My source has plenty of gain, thus I will be taking Carlos's advice to not use a preamp.

Thank you my dear..and thank you very much...removing preamplifiers

usually the amplifier sounds best not having anything to polute the cristal clear sonics.

Brazilians are finishing heatsinks and " L " adaptors group (we have no heatsinks with flange alike people has in USA and Australia).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTumPdR09Gk

Doação means Donation...heheheheh:eek:..Uncle Charlie will have as gift....goooood!

:. DX BLAME ST - GRUPO DE COMPRAS .:

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully used a preamp/buffer with the Blame ES/ST ? I have tried and failed miserably....I used different preamp/buffers (valve, SS) but all of them coloured the sound very evidently and there was some loss of dynamics and bass.

I had this experience with a friend. We tried, from the worst to best, a passive volume from an DAC's output, a Technics pre-amplifier and an Elektor's headphone amplifier output.

The last was the best, with BD139/BD140 outputs! We understood that the Blame is very sensitive to the pre-amplifier output characteristics, you have to test, test, test...

Regards.

You're lucky you have found one dear Joseph.

Send me the schematic to try...if has your appointment i gonna try it.

Is it your design dear Evette?... is it class A high current.... a hot one?... has come tone control on it?... is the tone control the feedback style? (Baxandall).

I just cannot wait...send it to me...if you suggest is because it is good.

I have tried Mitchel preamplifier and found it very good too...a transparent unit...having a small signature because the Burr and Brown chip...but very nice sonics too.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Not really needed dear Evette..use your hand and draw it manually

to me...i do not care the schematic's image quality, i really wanna see your design decisions about it.

My amplifiers are adjusted not to need pre amplifier and i use to avoid them..but, when someone alike you say Dx Blame sounded good with some preamplifier, then i will check that.... and i do that because it is more often to sound better without preamplifiers.

Curiosity is bigger than my beauty needs...i would like not to wait to see the schematic in the place to be waiting to have it pretty.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.