Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the Courage carlos, I will re trace the whole pcb and check everything again, I know I might have made a mistake somewhere, or some component is defective, will find out, Ill send you those photos soon carlos, If you have time then you can take a look, will post my findings here, so anyone else who have this problem can correct it

thanks a lot
Regards
Zeraphine.

Only to inform you the progress in the Brazilian forum

this was made in portuguese, so, you may understand partially:

YouTube - Amplificador DX Blame ST
YouTube - Placa de proteção para alto-falantes
YouTube - Surto de Corrente

Latin root languages, as spanish language people, and of course our brothers from Portugal will understand...also the South American spanish language countries....there is a place in Indonesia that also speaks portuguese.

We are reaching 100 kits sold inside the group buy.... the amplifier is the Dx Blame ST.

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos and All,

so it seems that cleaning all the solder flux is Very very Important (As pointed by Carlos to me), the problem I had with the 100R resistance getting really hot on the negative rail completely vanished after I thoroughly cleaned the board using a contact cleaner, thanks for all the help Carlos my friend, I will build the other amp now, hope you got the images I sent you,
Have a nice day my friends

Regards
Zeraphine

I have just found your images..many thanks my dear...good ones!

I am happy you are happy..that you've found the trouble ...yep...board cleaning is important... create problems after cleaning to solder once again.... no flux no good solder and you have easy shorts..the solution is to spray WD40 into the board to solder...and when finished, remove with alcohol or Kerozene (aviation fuel)

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Zeraphine is from Sri Lanka...here you have his pictures mailed to me

attached,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Nikon D60.jpg
    Nikon D60.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 479
  • highresdx-2.jpg
    highresdx-2.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 446
  • highresdx-3.jpg
    highresdx-3.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 405
DX BLAME ST Tested, Smiply Amazing

Dear Carlos, I have just tested the Amp with a speaker and its just amazing, it is dead quite, one of the quietest amplifiers I have ever built or heard, you cant hear anything even if you press your ear in the speaker, the quality of the Bass is amazing, very very punchy, highs are crispy not harsh at all, mids are just right, and even with a 25VDC supply its ear bleedingly loud:eek:, amazing amp carlos, cant wait I built the other one and put it all together, heres a picture of me testing the amp.

Attachments

• highresdxtest.jpg
    highresdxtest.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 465
Yeeesssss!...this is exactly what i perceive...the amplifier

Is just awsome..... i am deeply impressed that i could do something so good this way....there are moments that i do not believe i did!

Thank you...prepare yourself to dance while listening in stereo....yeah...you gonna move your body man!

Strong emotions in your life.

regards,

Carlos

100 kits sold in the Brazilian forum.... i think they will start a new group buy

in this same year...because some of these guys are shy and will wait others to make first.... watching others doing, then they will have courage to assemble too.

I have invited a Brazilian, that belongs to this forum, to open a group buy here...he said will first finish Brazilian group, and after, if he feel interest here, then he will open here too.

So, the ones are interested must let me know.... collecting a list of names the one may decide to open a group buy here.

The list will help him to decide...so.... write me saying about your interest to have boards provided by a group buy, here in this forum.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

This is not your obligation...say... you have not to enter the group buy.... i wanna know only about your intention... this will allow me to calculate how many guys may want...as 50 percent usually give up, or produce boards, etching them at home (much better... a real diyer)

We have better price here...but i think boards should be adapted to International price...should cost less..but not too much... depending we will arrange boards provider, factories that ask more money for these boards to match international price.

I do not want to compete in a non decent way..if boards enters with a very low price here, then no other one will be able to sell boards anymore , not only in this forum but nowhere if people knows can buy in so cheap way...you know..i do not want to create a monopoly because of price... i want people that come to the Dx Corporation by other reasons than low price.

Our cost is smaller...you see...these 100 kits was costing (cost price) 32 USD to each one (boards included listed below in this same message)..... inside brazil we can put in an envelope and the mail cost, internal registered (guaranteed) letter cost 5 bucks...so..they may have an entire kit by 37 USD.

Well... this is criminal...no other one will compete...and i do not want to be alone providing these things... i want everybody working, producing and seeling boards...no only my group of people.

The kit includes:

2 amplifier boards, solder mask and silk screen...fiberglass boards.
2 Supply boards (they will use two transformers, two supplies)
2 Protective boards...one to each channel
1 Surge protective board... to AC insertion delay with series NTC protection and relay

You see... a smashing kit...no one can compete...so...or we gonna make bigger boards (more expensive) or find someone that ask more money for these boards (other factory).... if we do not succeed, them we gonna put overprice, and use this over price to buy boards to offer, for free, to key persons in our forum...moderators for instance and some important people that will help to promote.

Amplifier board was made watching Todd Johnson Board layout.... a copy..and some parts had moved to fill empty spaces ...but basically, it is the safe and tested Todd Johnson's board...was assemble to test, of course...you see it is not very large... more squared, less rectangular.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• BLAMESTLAYOUT.pdf
    37 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Only for your eyes.... i said them not to offer boards to the International

communitty, unless a Brazilian open a group buy here..to make things obbeying the rules.

This is only to inform you what is going on.... to motivate you to inform your interest.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• PSUDXBLAME.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 269
  • PSUesquema.pdf
    17.2 KB · Views: 248
I have not found the protection board layout.

Here you have the link to the Brazilian group buy...now closed to receive orders..and will not accept orders from strangers.... i will check this stuff with forum management...what they think about, and then i may take different directions and different decisions about.

DiyAudio.com.br: DX Blame ST

Protection schematic is attached below...it is a circuit used in some professional amplifiers Made in Brazil... this one adapted, modified by Nabuco, also assembled and tested.

I will produce video "Assembling the Dx Blame" that will be published in the youtube... in portuguese..for Brazilian communitty.

There are some folks in Brazil that has not all that practice assembling audio amplifiers.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Proteção Nabuco em 20 do sete.jpg
    Proteção Nabuco em 20 do sete.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:
Brazilian Interconnect Diagram

Hi Carlos. Can you check if this is ok. I have been reading up on how to connect the amplifier together. I will be using a single 300va torroid and a powersupply with 40000uf capacity. Is this the correct method to connect amplifier together?

Regards

Simon

Attachments

• DX Blame ST Interconnects 1.jpg
    DX Blame ST Interconnects 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 330
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.