Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Trust me Theres no Audiable Difference between the good old BD139/140 and MJE1503X

I have used both of these on Rod Elliot's P3A (A Top Notch Amp I must say) Amplifier and they have Identical sound to me, if there are any distortion they are Way beyond the capability of human hearing, for me its easier to use BD139/140 because we have them all around and they are really cheap, the MJE's I had to get from ON Semi it self, What matters most is the design of the amp, and we all know how good that is with the DX Blame ST, isnt it Carlos :D Keep on Rocking my Man.:D

Watched Your Latest Youtube video Carlos

And now I'm glad I'm going to use MJL4302 and MJL4381, They are very hard to find, So I had to get them from On Semi, but the Toshiba Transistors are faked a lot where I live, dont want to take the risk, some of them look just like the real Toshiba Transistors.

Yes Zeraphine.... the fake ones looks less fake than the new ones

Toshiba indication is strange... a ligth yellow colour.... very ugly...the original ones are ugly and look fake...the nice ones...the ones you believe are original..these ones are fake.

ahahahahha!

Go to the new ones, modern models.... maybe they have not started to produce fake ones.

It is alike Internet Explorer and other browsers...there are viruses that attack the Internet Explorer...but there are not too many to atack Opera...so..go to Opera and others to be rid of troubles... transistors are the same.... scaping from the famous ones we have less chance to by fake ones.

regards,

Carlos

Blame St Build

Hi all.
My name is Simon from Australia. I have been interested in this audio hobby for a short period but after building a set of speakers for home theatre use and learning much in the process, I have decided to tackle an amplifier build to match the speakers just built and also learn something new in the process. Carlos's amp seems to be one of the most raved about on this site so I thought I would give them a try.
A bit about myself. I have had many hobbies most of which revolve around using my hands and making things. I always find it interesting to learn something new that I don't know already (.00001% know, 99.99999% dont know) actually the figures are quite flatering. Hobbies of mine (apart from interest in audio at the moment) include cabinet making Watchbench.jpg , watchmaking (fixing) watchmaking.jpg , lapidary (polishing rocks and faceting gems), scuba diving (thats a keeper) PICT0108.jpg and speaker building. Oblique.jpg
My biggest achievement to date is my 7year old son Isaac Isaac.jpg ;)
I am currently learning something new thanks to Carlos and friends information for me to build the Blame ST. I have also learnt how not to etch pcb's (below):( and then how to etch a usable one afterwords:). Lucky work was able to provide me with pcb etching parts.

Regards

Simon
Australia

Attachments

• Bad pcb.jpg
    Bad pcb.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 655
  • good pcb.jpg
    good pcb.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 602
  • part components.jpg
    part components.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 560
  • My colection 1.jpg
    My colection 1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 533
Man!... we have a lot of things in common.

My name is such kind of name adopted by Jewish people, in Europe, when they were forced to accept Christianism not to die.... then they started to use name of plants, birds and fishes....my family name is Mergulhão..and this means "big diver" or "gross unter schwimmer"... the name came from Portugal, and the family is there.... polishing metals...silver knives and these things...in Lisbon.

My biggest and main passion was always watches...i used to be looking at them, dismounted, exposing the machine..the way you shown in the picture.

Also i love to polish things, and i am interested to lean how to produce Chrome layer over metal using eletrólisis...these things...i use to polish things using metal cleaner alike Kaol and Brasso (US old brands..liquid used to polish belt metalic parts of second world war soldier)... the fine particles are good to remove scratches from watch display window...plastic compound windows... we polish till the scratch is "sanded" and the surface goes flat and shinning again.

I used to swim under watter, to dive...without scuba...i could to be 2 minutes under water..now a days i am so fat (will operate soon, to reduce stomach) that i use to float alike a lazy whale...hard to dive.... body surface too big..helps to float, not to sink.

I love my children and i use to give them a lot of attention, kisses and deep love..sadly i have no more young wives to produce one each year...in special when they are little girls

Your watchbench is wonderfull and i have ordered an electronics workbench that way..plywood... strong, heavy and taller to be confortable to work... things more near my eyes....a tall bench.

You love to take pictures and to talk about yourself..the same here...also you love to build speaker and to paint them black..rounded corners, and not a shinny surface...half brigth only..has more class..the way you make.

I have passion of audio since i was three years old... touching the speaker grille of my portable tube record player while listening "Little red and the wolf in the wood"..... this happened 56 years ago.

You seem jewish or something that loves jewish alike i do...their music makes me cry...i have DNA connections with them

These watches are too much..you need only one to know what time is it...so...send me the other ones.... in special the rigth side one.... the old automatic Orient (Seiko) too, are very welcome....i could not see the Bulova Acutron, and not the old Sky diver.... no Patek, no Omega and no Mido.

I also do not need so many watches..but i can look at each one of them each day..one for monday, other for tuesday....and so on.

Well brother...you are very welcome!

Shalom

Last edited:
Thanks for your nice reply. It is funny how many audio enthusiasts like good quality things such as an automatic watch. I am not actually Jewish though (I dont have much money):). 2mins underwater is pretty impressive. I need a tank to do such a feat. The watches left to right are 1. Swiss watch(manual wind) used to train to learn to service them using an online watchmaking school(watch service 101) 2. Russian made poljot manual wind with alarm buzzer (sounds like a cricket inside when working) 3. Orient divers watch (heavy metal) 4. Citizen Auto 5. Tudor Automatic 6. The one on the right which you fancy is actaully a Chinese copy A.Lange & Sohne designed by Chinese made by them as well to sell to tourists (myself) who could never afford the real thing.
Heres a seiko 6139-6040.jpg

Regards

Simon

Thank you...i had the Poljot too..also a Sicura waterproof

the one seems was made because Italians have ordered someone to make it...these Sicura where alike Technos Skydiver.

Well... i entered of topic and i should stop to keep the thread rid of confusion.

Thank you very much..was great to know you better...but let's get back to electronics.

regards,

Carlos

Vídeos from the previous post are interesting to the ones use to build

audio amplifiers... reason why i am asking your attention once again.

Hits from the international communitty are very small...i had more hits from Brazilians, and their number is smaller than www.diyaudio.com folks.

I would be glad to receive your visit..watch the video and see destroyer destroying the clothing with the hot air gun.

heheheheheh

regards,

Carlos

Oh!...... that's great you enjoyed....i intend to make others

the main idea is to help builders....to reduce the myths, to show the real thing..that is not that complicated.

I am thinking to show, also, how to check the symetrical or assymetrical clipping, and what to do to fix it.

Also how to calculate output power, simple scope inspections, the need of huge condensers in the supply, how to test transformers under load and other interesting things that should be helpfull.

A pity dear Omar, is the number of hits..... this new group of forum folks (olds go away and newbie enters) seems does not know me or do not have interest in these things....i am not having too much hits anymore... this reduces my motivation.

But will do even this way....i am not sure if i will survive the operation, the surgery..so..i want to let to my friends the most i can... as i may be having dates with girl anjos, in the heaven or paradise, while forum will be going on...so....i will be having fun there, and you gonna be having fun here....you know...if entering there (paradise or heaven)..if i discover that does not exists sex (anjos have no sex)...then i will ask transference to the hell... searching for more fun.

Brazilians are visiting.....but they are different.... very proud to say they are visiting because some of these things are really new and usefull for them..... they visit (majority) and silent..... of course....they do not need to learn because they already know everything....(hehehehehe)

It is interesting to see how they are moving for the group buy Omar.... very cooperative one to the others..a real team!....i am very happy with that..they will order enclosures, transformers, boards, condensers..all that in a group buy...lovely that!

Here, because strangers, people is more humble and demonstrates the gratitude...in this forum, there are less envy...i think people here is a little bit more interested to learn... they are shy at the brazilian forum too... seems ashamed to say have learned something from the video.... and this is obvious...i also have learned while doing too!... we learn anyway....while teaching too!

Video in portuguese, for brazilians, resulted more funny because i felt myself confused..forgot things, made a lot of mistakes, burned my fingers and also the towel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_vHoOlreg8

ahahahahahaah!

Carlos

Last edited:
Thank you Niss Man.... i will do much more.

About boards Paulo PT, i really do not know exactly.... Rudi have ordered something alike 20...this was for his group of friend...then one give up because could make a board by himself.... but in a matter of one day one friend entered asking for boards...lucky guy that one...one set was free, almost waiting for him.

But so many guys have sent message asking for boards, and all them forwared..that maybe he ordered 25 or more in the total.

He do not want to open a group buy inside the forum as usual, because he has not time to manage that..so..only helping his own group of German local friends that are member of a Club of comparative tests he call "stammtich".... and beeing extremelly kind providing boards for some guys that goes to him.

Rudi Ratlos....in this same thread...he is the Club leader...the German Division from the enormous (virtual) Dx Corporation.

Go to Rudi, ask him if he can order one more set...i do not know if it is on time or not.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
He had...he has not anymore...he may make special order to the suppliers

to provide you.

Same text in Portuguese, below, to avoid misunderstanding... same meaning using other words:

- " Ele tinha, não tem mais...haviam placas sobrando devido a uma desistência....um indivíduo que prèviamente havia encomendado, conseguiu fazer a partir de seus próprios esfôrços.... e tendo conseguido, declinou da encomenda... como consequência, o Rudi ficou com as placas nas mãos sem saber o que fazer com elas...em seguida um outro colega do forum pediu placas, eu encaminhei pro Rudi e êle reservou essas tais placas sobrantes para esse nôvo pedinte..... O Rudi talvez faça encomenda especial de mais um par de placas para você."

The one have give up related the boards he have ordered, made this way because suceeded to produce boards himself.... his own effort to etch in his own home...then Rudi had free boards..... but in the next day someone have asked and these boards had a new owner....he may ask, Rudi may ask, or order, on more pair of boards to you.

I am sending a copy of this message to him..so..Rudi will know that i am asking him to make an effort, and provide you...if possible, the boards you want.

Thank you by the preference in the Dx Corporation products (for free)

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Obrigado! :)

Obrigado, Carlos. Em português e tudo! :)

Eu enviei uma mensagem ao Rudi a perguntar-lhe se por acaso ele não teria 2 placas sobrantes. Ele ficou de ver esta noite se tem ou não. Vou aguardar a resposta.

I sent a PM to Rudi asking if he still has 2 boards left. He's going to see if he has tonight. I'll wait for the answer.

O meu muito obrigado, ao Carlos e ao Rudi! :)

My may thanks to Carlos and Rudi! :)

You are welcome.

:)Enjoy the amplifier..... strong emotions and your entire satisfaction are guaranteed!

Dx Corporation has an entire fleet of Destroyers to search and destroy subs...subquality, subreliability, subexcelence and all submerged things.

Also we have Submarines from the German Division.... we are ready to "sink and substitute" all the bad amplifier made in this world.

Pirate flag is because Dx Amplifiers are not original.... some of them was inspired in Hugh Dean's excellence in audio amplifier..the wonderfull Aksa factory...also some of them was inspired in Doctor Self ideas and schematics...so...in the reality..the flag makes sense.

Ahahahahah!

Carlos

Attachments

• destroyer_x.jpg
    destroyer_x.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.