100W/8Ohm working design needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I am looking for some good and tested 100W on 8 ohm design. That design should have maximum of 4 power transistors (2 pairs)

I prefer IRF.

Thank you.

PS: I know I should use search button and I was, but like already said the forum has too many example projects and I can't decide which is good and which not.

If you realy want build 100w 8R amplifier with IRFP240/IRFP9240, in my thread " DC servo mosfet amplifier" is schematics and PCB layout for amplifier based on Harrison X1000. I made over 200 PCBs in last 10 years for service and building amps. I have long list caffe bars and discoteque's in Serbia and Montenegro were this amps still works.
Regards

Last edited:
No IRF but probable the shortest way to get 100W-R8.:D

Attachments

• mosfet100rt2.jpg
    mosfet100rt2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 313
Very good generic design "danspy" but with that supply voltage only one output pair will have very hard time on 100W and certainly NO WAY to survive on 4 ohms!
So not good lol :)

Hmmmmmmmmm

Boro, can I use SubZero on 8 and 4 ohms without modifications?
I want schematic like SubZero but only with two pairs and little lower voltage. Can I modify that?

Last edited:
Ok I don't mind to use other components. But what do you think? Is this good schematic? Don't you think it is very slim in components?

It will work, but it s a basical amp , so don t expect
exceptionnal perfs...

The main drawbacks are clear :

Poor power supply noises rejection ,

Input stage with high gain but poor linearity.

Output stage with high distorsion, since
a pair of emitter followers to drive the mosfets
are necessary to reduce THD.

Two power devices are not enough for the
+-50V supply..

Whab thanks for the answer.
bora so I understand now.

I can use SubZero but with lower votage so it can be used with 4 ohm speakers right? What voltage do you suggest for Sub zero so I can run it on 4 and 8 ohm speakers. I know it will drop power for 8 ohm but that is what I want.

> Izlazna snaga (RMS)-------------200-210W na 8 oma
> Izlazna snaga (RMS)-------------300-320W na 4 oma
> Izlazna snaga (muzička)---------240-250W na 8 oma
> Izlazna snaga (muzička)---------410-430W na 4 oma
> Ulazna osetljivost/impedansa----0,6V/47koma (za 200WRMS/8 oma)
> Frekventni opseg-----7Hz-112KHz /-3dB(pri izobličenjima ispod 0.01%)
> THD-------------------<0.003% (pri 180WRMS na 8 oma)
> THD-------------------<0.005% (pri 300WRMS na 4 oma)
> Odnos S/N------------>95dB (u odnosu na 100WRMS)
> Damping faktor------->300 (pri 200WRMS na 8 oma)

The schematic is for +-75V.
If I use +-50V what power I get on 8 ohm and on 4. Is it possible to run this amplifier on lower voltage then 75 without modifications?

In that case, supply voltage shouldn't be less than +/-45-46V DC to reach about 100W on 8ohms resistive load and count on about 160W on 4ohms resistive. There are 3 output pairs so with hefty a heatsink you should be on a safe side even with real world loads except maybe some crazy extremes in reactivity direction.

Great so I can use +-50V power supply without modifications. I'll use all 3 pairs of transistors.
there is no need of changing some resistor values or something right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.