Crate GX80 Channel switching

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Everyone,

I am tyring to fix an old Crate GX80 guitar amplifier. This amp has a "channel select" switch and a footswitch to select channels . The problem with this amp is that, while playing it switchs from channel one to channel two and back repaetedly by itself. I would greatly appreciate if anyone has a schematic or solution to this problem.

Thank you

Carlosraj

I'm sure I have the schematic for that, I'll wade thru my pile o'stuff. Used to be a warranty station for SLM years ago. In the mean time does the amp switch back and forth with or without the footswitch or it doesn't matter? You will have to pull the PCB out for any type of repair so pull it out and check the solder joints on the footswitch jack. That's all I can suggest until I find the schematic. If the jack itself was bad it should work fine with the footswitch and not without it.

Craig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.