Yamaha R-500 Receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just changed the STK3042II voltage amplifier of my Yamaha R-500 receiver, without success. This after the receiver quit sounding and after reading advices on this forum. What else could be broken?. I wonder if any one could e-mail me the electronic spec sheet of the STK3042II, so that I may follow the inputs and outputs of its pins. Thanks.
Louis

We need a little more info than my amp quit sounding. That could be caused by more things than I care to count. What made you decide to change the voltage amplifier IC besides reading suggestions on a forum? Is the amp in protection? If so my money is on the STK-2040 output chip. HERE is the datasheet for that.

Hi Lamovt,
Today I was given the same Yamaha R-500 for nada.
It also has no audio output, so I will attempt to debug mine tomorrow, and try to give you possible sugestions. Who knows, it could be somthing simple (lets hope) but for now it's late. Need shut eye.
You can send direct Email's if you wish.
Let's get these yammies up to speed again. :))
Good night
mltube
These are excellent recievers, and the last of the analog yamahas.

GENERAL information will be to make sure that soldering is proper ....electrolytics replaced if not all then the ones that are leacky ( and for sure are many ) plus that all pots and switches will need proper cleaning

general information can be found herehttp://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/136261-vintage-amplifier-repair-upgrade-manual.html

and if you need schematic please email me

regards sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.