900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter - Page 91 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 02:55 AM   #901
diyAudio Member
 
A square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: tasmania
Send a message via Yahoo to A square
thanx sir

have a good day......
__________________
jon
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 05:54 AM   #902
diyAudio Member
 
eesbiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cebu, philippines
Default output voltage swing

apex sir,

using the chart you post...

if your vertex amp is rated 2500 at 4ohms,...
does this mean it can dissipate up to 100v per channel???...
and up to 200v when bridged???...
pls correct me if i'm wrong...

tnx and regards...
ees...
Attached Images
File Type: gif ohms-law.gif (8.1 KB, 1194 views)
File Type: jpg APEX VERTEX.jpg (546.1 KB, 1260 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 08:49 AM   #903
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eesbiboi View Post
apex sir,

using the chart you post...

if your vertex amp is rated 2500 at 4ohms,...
does this mean it can dissipate up to 100v per channel???...
and up to 200v when bridged???...
pls correct me if i'm wrong...

tnx and regards...
ees...
Yes, for 2500W/4R you need 100V RMS at the output, and +/-140V DC rail voltage in 2 or 3 step.
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 12:02 PM   #904
diyAudio Member
 
eesbiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cebu, philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
Yes, for 2500W/4R you need 100V RMS at the output, and +/-140V DC rail voltage in 2 or 3 step.
Regards
thank you for the answer sir...

1 this means if i have a class aB amp with +/-100v psu, i would get maximum of 1250w at 8ohms disregard of all the losses i may have...
i just dont know how much efficiency class aB amps have...

2 in h class amps, i notice that adding step drivers to a class Ab amp adds more power to it,just like b500 and h900, how does step drivers help in adding more power to an amp???

3 are there possible ways{circuits} for step drivers that uses bjt's and easy to find ic's instead of mosfets and some rare ic's???..

thank you sir...

sorry for all these questions...for i am still in the process of learning...

regards...
ees...
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 02:08 PM   #905
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eesbiboi View Post
thank you for the answer sir...

1 this means if i have a class aB amp with +/-100v psu, i would get maximum of 1250w at 8ohms disregard of all the losses i may have...
i just dont know how much efficiency class aB amps have...

2 in h class amps, i notice that adding step drivers to a class Ab amp adds more power to it,just like b500 and h900, how does step drivers help in adding more power to an amp???

3 are there possible ways{circuits} for step drivers that uses bjt's and easy to find ic's instead of mosfets and some rare ic's???..

thank you sir...

sorry for all these questions...for i am still in the process of learning...

regards...
ees...
With +/-100V rail voltage power will be 625W/8R not 1250W.
CREST PRO 8001 use only BJTs for class H step driver.
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 02:14 PM   #906
diyAudio Member
 
eesbiboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cebu, philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
With +/-100V rail voltage power will be 625W/8R not 1250W.
CREST PRO 8001 use only BJTs for class H step driver.
Regards
sir...

how did you arrive to that answer???...
i was completely wrong in my estimate...

thanks...
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 02:22 PM   #907
AKN is online now AKN  Sweden
No snake oil
diyAudio Member
 
AKN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the middle of Sweden
Send a message via MSN to AKN
Hi,

Use RMS voltage instead of Peak voltage when you calculate power, i.e 100/sqt2
__________________
/ Anders
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 02:32 PM   #908
diyAudio Member
 
A square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: tasmania
Send a message via Yahoo to A square
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
With +/-100V rail voltage power will be 625W/8R not 1250W.
CREST PRO 8001 use only BJTs for class H step driver.
Regards
hello sir

what is BJT,s ....


thanx.....
__________________
jon
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 02:50 PM   #909
diyAudio Member
 
coolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sibale Island
BJT = bipolar junction transistor
  Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 03:00 PM   #910
diyAudio Member
 
A square's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: tasmania
Send a message via Yahoo to A square
hello coolet sir ......

nice to see u ....

thanx for info....
__________________
jon
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nakamichi PA-7 & PA-5 Bias Setting? sourceoneaudio Solid State 6 8th March 2012 12:37 PM
900w amp module for sale nigelwright7557 Swap Meet 0 9th July 2009 11:05 PM
About a very very simple class D PA amp gaetan8888 Class D 8 13th March 2009 02:21 PM
Class-d for a 1kw PA amp MikeHunt79 Class D 4 30th December 2007 06:19 PM
200w Amp + 900w Sub = explosion? 56k Warning Daemonicus Subwoofers 2 31st May 2006 04:30 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2