900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter

H900

Attachments

• h900.jpg
    h900.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 931
tough decisions but lm311 three tier loading ....... ......... ...... ...... ... ....

hi all , i have finished drawing the schematic 3tier using lm 311
please check all and point out erors if there be any .

i have also uploaded eagle files :D:D have fun all and thanking you all in advance for your contributions

Attachments

• gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 amp section.png
    gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 amp section.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 923
  • gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 h switching section.png
    gtG apex h 900 smd lm311 h switching section.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 923
  • gtG apex h 900 smd lm311.pdf
    268.7 KB · Views: 435
  • gtG apex h 900 smd lm311.zip
    487.7 KB · Views: 337
distortion measures and ferrite cores availability

also i have had stability issues with class d amps . with the exception of class d 200wts using tl074 ,
all high voltage class d i made whether sigma delta or ucd discreet or ir2110 versions , failed after long term usage , the worst thing i noticed was when i use more than one channel in one casing. failure is almost instant or two days of usage, issues will eventually arise and failure will happen .
the voltage i mainly used was +/-40volts to +/-85volts . the above observations are mine own experience since 2012
the 200wts class d using tl074 has survived and is a good amp . the minimum and maximum voltages i used were +/-28volts to +/-49volts. i made up to six channels in a casing using two smps power supply and using one smps power supply . and it's stability can be compared to a class ab amplifier.;)

diysmps

Ultra Simple Class D

having a bad experience in all the above about 8 years of mine own carefully practical research , i do not want to use class d amps at high voltages:(:(

Last edited:
hi all , i have finished drawing the schematic 3tier using lm 311
please check all and point out erors if there be any .

i have also uploaded eagle files :D:D have fun all and thanking you all in advance for your contributions

simple apex h 3tier 1800 layout loading ..... ......... ........ ..... comments views and suggestions highly appreciated .thanks all;)

Attachments

• gtG apex h 3tier1800 smd lm311 h layout.png
    gtG apex h 3tier1800 smd lm311 h layout.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 800
also i have had stability issues with class d amps . with the exception of class d 200wts using tl074 ,
all high voltage class d i made whether sigma delta or ucd discreet or ir2110 versions , failed after long term usage , the worst thing i noticed was when i use more than one channel in one casing. failure is almost instant or two days of usage, issues will eventually arise and failure will happen .
the voltage i mainly used was +/-40volts to +/-85volts . the above observations are mine own experience since 2012
the 200wts class d using tl074 has survived and is a good amp . the minimum and maximum voltages i used were +/-28volts to +/-49volts. i made up to six channels in a casing using two smps power supply and using one smps power supply . and it's stability can be compared to a class ab amplifier.;)

diysmps

Ultra Simple Class D

having a bad experience in all the above about 8 years of mine own carefully practical research , i do not want to use class d amps at high voltages:(:(

Im confused, there ARE FROM kArTINO cLASS d aMPS CAN DRIVE 4 X 18 easy BS YOU TALK HAVE BAD EXPERIENCE

ucd 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

Attachments

• 900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 4.jpg
    900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 4.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 346
  • 900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 6.jpg
    900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 6.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 7.jpg
    900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 7.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 286
  • 900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 3.jpg
    900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter pg386 APEXaudio td hd measures 3.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 320
class d does work but after sometime it will just fail for no good explainable reason

There is ALWAYS an explainable reason. Most of the time it is because E(on) and E(off) are just too damned high and as soon as you start drawing any real current you run into too much dissipation. If this is properly calculated and accounted for in the thermal design you wouldn’t have a bit of trouble with it. Sometimes your layout and drive waveforms just won’t support fast enough switching to get the turn on/off losses down to 1%. That’s ok, if you can only get it down to 5 or 10%, just have 500 W of dissipation capability for a 5kW amp and it will sit and run fat dumb and happy all day, or at least until your voice coils start to smell. And still run cooler than a class AB or H.