Need help with Rockford Fosgate 801s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an 801s I bought used and got burned on. Anyway ,amp powers up, than in less then a minute blow the fuse. I pulled cover and found no signs of obvious damage , checked mosfets impedance across outer pins and all measure in the mega ohm range with same readings for the similar ICs. Since I can't keep it running long enough to trouble shoot (I also tried powering up unit without input or output connections and had same results). Next I tried starting it up with larger circuit break hoping problem area will show itself by either blowing itself up or at least heating up enough so I can locate problem area with heat gun. Still nothing, heat at transformer and mosfets but pretty even .This last test was done without input or output connections. I'm just getting into electronics but some knowledge and equipment ,DMM, dual track Fluke scope. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.