DC Servo MOSFET Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RE Replacements for IRF240/IRF9240

IRF640/IRF9640 or IRF540/IRF9540 (with +/-45V DC max rail voltage) can be used.

Hi Apex,

I found IRF540/IRF9540 fets. I have a +/-49V DC transformer with me. Can I use this transformer or is +/-45V the absolute max voltage for this amp with this fets. If so I will then continue my search for the proper fets. Any mods I can do to use this fets with my voltage?

Regards,
Macd:):):)

Hi Apex,

I found IRF540/IRF9540 fets. I have a +/-49V DC transformer with me. Can I use this transformer or is +/-45V the absolute max voltage for this amp with this fets. If so I will then continue my search for the proper fets. Any mods I can do to use this fets with my voltage?

Regards,
Macd:):):)

What is AC voltage on transformer? You can use IRF540/IRF9540 with +/-49V DC rail voltage for usual home listening.
Regards

+-49Vdc from a 35+35Vac transformer seems a bit low.

Is the transformer 230:35+35Vac?
Is your supply 220Vac when you measure the rectified DC voltage?
Are you using a single bridge rectifier with a CT transformer, or are you using dual bridge rectifiers with dual secondaries?

RE Replacements for IRF240/IRF9240

+-49Vdc from a 35+35Vac transformer seems a bit low.

Is the transformer 230:35+35Vac?
Is your supply 220Vac when you measure the rectified DC voltage?
Are you using a single bridge rectifier with a CT transformer, or are you using dual bridge rectifiers with dual secondaries?

Yes, the transformer is rated at 220:35+35Vac. I am using a single bridge rectifier with my transformer. Only one secondary. I have measured my DC volts on output of transformer. +/-49V DC.

Macd

Stcboy's F100

Attachments

• image135.jpg
    image135.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,608
  • image134.jpg
    image134.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 2,540
  • image131x.jpg
    image131x.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,312
Forum member do simulation of new DC Servo Mosfet Amp, after correct some mistakes on schematic. I must design PCB for this Amp or someone else do that:)

Attachments

• notitlefixed.JPG
    notitlefixed.JPG
    563.2 KB · Views: 2,210
  • DC Response.JPG
    DC Response.JPG
    416.4 KB · Views: 821
  • DC Servo Mosfet Amp 1.jpg
    DC Servo Mosfet Amp 1.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 795
Apex seems i begin to love this amp :D...the corrected clear schematic is this...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

with different R14 values(tried 22k,30k,56k) and different supply voltage, circuit gave 50W-200W on 8ohm with great frequency response....

i try now to use opamp at front-end for smaller and simpliest pcb....
i tried many opamps so far (opa637,tl072....) but only the NE5532 gave a good result...60W/8Ohm
using +-50 supply and 30k(R14) on feedback...
i 'm not an expert on opamps so,any idea which other opamps to try?
the circuit i try is this....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

is there something that im missing?also the sine is not clear at output...seems to have much distortion...

Last edited:
oops....forgot it.....once more thanks for help...

fixed & worked
i changed values on R14 & R28 for ~110W/8Ohms

sine

the frequency response wants a fix....and you know i got 110W at 1Khz...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.