DC Servo MOSFET Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mile, Can you please explain how the clip indicators work? What do they sense?
Bc556 is always on(negative base) via 22k+47k main voltage devider, so no current via led.(led dark)
When amplifier out (A.C) via 10R to bace of bc556 give a value for positive base this transistor go off.Now current pass via led .(led glow).

Last edited:
BC546 is "locked" by voltage divider consisting of 2k2 (Ube),22k and 47k. when transistor is "locked, LED in parallel with it can not light. when a voltage out of amplifier output gets higher than Ube needed to keep transistor locked,the transistor is unlocked and LED lights.
capacitor in a circuit (i believe) serves for LED to light at more severe clipping, not in short terms. it, in my opinion serves to make a clipping indication a little bit "slower".
it is just an opinion of amateur, I would also like for Mile to explain it as proper as it should be.

Hi Sonal,

Do you have a schematic that matches your layout? Mine is not working and I'm having trouble finding the error without the schematic.

Thanks, Terry

Mr, Mile removed clipping indicator from his original FX100 layout. I just added one of his simple clipping indicator.

Attachments

• APEX FX100 PSU PCB.JPG
    APEX FX100 PSU PCB.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 923
  • APEX signal led + clip.jpg
    APEX signal led + clip.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 887
The two 2N5401 near the .1 5watt resistors in sonals pcb layout the collectors are going
to the positive rail whereas the EMITTERS should go to to the positive rail not a problem
just rotate the 2N5401 transistors

Hi Andrew,
The emitters are indeed connected to positive rail with EBC pin out for 5401.
reg
Prasi

Hello
greetings many THANKS to Terry and Sonal for this FX100 PSU just confirming there
are no errors on sonals pcb works first time will post pics and small vedio to show
its working
warm regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Great work!. What rail voltages you are using? Also, looking forward for the video.
reg
Prasi

Hello prasi
greetings tested on 50 0 50 AC transformer i used a bigger double contact 24v
relay had to change 1K2 5 watt to 1K 5watt and as the overcurrent would kick in
early 2 .1 5watt in parallel used maybe i will try to add a better 15 volt regulated
supply using LM317T /LM337T its a very nice compact power supply
warm regards
Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.