MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

for apex hv25, the pot is for bias adjust.
so i have to decrease the 100 ohm resistor to 70 ohm, am i correct?

Attachments

• APEX MOSFET schematics HV25.jpg
    APEX MOSFET schematics HV25.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 1,358
Last edited:
at least create a group of closest possible,say two 2N5551 of 193 and 190, with two 2N5401 of 189 and 192. second groupe could be for two 2N5551 of 173 and 170 with two 2N5401 of 169 and 172. First group would go to one chanel and second group in another chanel. be aware also that pcb is designed for 2SAxxx and 2SCxxx transistors that have different pinout. BC3xx also have different pinout compared to BC6xx -so you must check ALL transistor pinouts with scheme and apply it on pcb. i have done that and it worked from it´s first time.

hi apex sir,
i set preset to 2vdcv on 10 ohm rail 10w resitor. why the emiter resistor value is different from one one? emiter resitors showing voltage 10mv,4.5mv,15mv,0mv like this.

because of diferent hFE of output transistors,that is the reason why the emitor resistors are used. if they were matched (Ibe /Ie for bipolar or Ugs/Is for fet) before soldiering at pcb than this voltages would be the same and emitor resistors would not be needed.

please someone correct me if i´m wrong.

correct me if i´m wrong.
Your wrong !
Can't be hFE. They are mosFETs
mosfet-amplifier-irfp240-irfp9240

If they were BJTs, then it's variation in Vbe that leads to be variations in Ic and shows when reading the individual Vre (voltage across the emitter resistor).

For mosFET output stage it's variation in Vgs that leads to even bigger variations in Id and that shows when reading individual Vrs (voltage across the source resistor).

Last edited:
Your wrong !
Can't be hFE. They are mosFETs.

If they were BJTs, then it's variation in Vbe that leads to be variations in Ic and shows when reading the individual Vre (voltage across the emitter resistor).

For mosFET output stage it's variation in Vgs that leads to even bigger variations in Id and that shows when reading individual Vrs (voltage across the source resistor).

thank you for correcting me.