MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

it is really strange ..........., the strangest thing that the problem is the same for the two PSU, so it should not be a broblema capacitors. Last attempt, I disconnect the output RC filter (1 Ohm/17W in series with 680nF) .... let's see what happens?:headbash:

.... solved, the problem was the capacitors have replaced them with 4 new from 10000uf 100v

2014-016.jpg

All vertical mosFETs have Drain in the middle.
Source is on the right and gate is on the left, GDS

All Lateral mosFETs have Source in the middle, GSD

That's with the tab pointing UP, and the markings toward you.

Thanks, but I am aware of the physical layout of the transistors - I was talking about the logical layout in the schematic - sorry if I was'nt clear.

It takes 20 secs to find a reference on the net. Just posting a link is surely quicker than discussing what is out there. https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-read-a-schematic/schematic-symbols-part-2

Thanks Ian, but if you look at the schematic posted by apex (link in my first post), you see that both n and p-channel fets legs D & S are the same - you cant tell the difference - that is what is getting me confused. Please look at my attached picture.
The link you posted shows different kinds of p/n mosfets - you can tell which legs is which because they look different or are positioned different than the others.

Sorry if im just stupid - but look at the picture and tell me you are not confused :)

Attachments

• sord.png
    sord.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 900