MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

I see a resistor bias for the output stage and I see Vertical mosFETs in the output stage.
This is class AB amplifier, bias is overcompensated and always drop when amp get warm. ............
Apex,
please describe the operation of the overcompensated Bias Tempco and where to find that bias voltage circuit in the schematic.

Last edited:
Apex,
please describe the operation of the overcompensated Bias Tempco and where to find that bias voltage circuit in the schematic.

Bias resistor is about 230ohm (P1+R20 in parallel with R19) X 30mA (VAS current) = 7V (bias voltage). VAS current drop with heat (Q9 and Q10 are on main heatsink) and compensated bias (bias voltage drop).
Bias 200mA per mosfet on start (cold amp heatsink) drop to 120mA with hot heatsink and it's overcompensated but very safe for PA use.

Q9 and Q10 placed on pcb for main heatsink montage with outputs.

Attachments

• APEX HV23.JPG
    APEX HV23.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 1,218
I have changed thermal insulator to mica and again irfps get hot pretty quick (few seconds) and i cannot adjust bias in that time. And again... one pair down one pair left :)
With one pair and with no load i have adjusted bias to 20mV but when i connect load protection lamp lights up... and from +75/0/+75v left +13/0/-13v.

I have changed thermal insulator to mica and again irfps get hot pretty quick (few seconds) and i cannot adjust bias in that time. And again... one pair down one pair left :)
With one pair and with no load i have adjusted bias to 20mV but when i connect load protection lamp lights up... and from +75/0/+75v left +13/0/-13v.

What is DC offset on amp out without load?