Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240
MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 05:20 PM   #281
udhay_cit is offline udhay_cit  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Hi the HV350 amp working for me with single pair of MOSFET and +/-33V. It's only for testing. I am going to construct the full function amplifier....

But the Toshiba transistors are not available in my nearest stores. for testing now i am using 2N5401&2N5551 instead of 2SA970&2SC2240. For other two complementary pairs i am using MJE340&MJE350 (sorry its only for testing). The amp works good but i want to match the perfect complementary pair for all the Toshiba transistors.

The transistor terminal changes not a problem, i will make the correction in my PCB design. My question is may i replace the 2SA970&2SC2240 pair with 2N5401&2N5551 permanently. What should be the equivalent transistors for other pairs and it should be easily available in market. Please give me a solution. Thank you.

Regards
Udhay
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 06:46 PM   #282
apexaudio is offline apexaudio  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by udhay_cit View Post
Hi the HV350 amp working for me with single pair of MOSFET and +/-33V. It's only for testing. I am going to construct the full function amplifier....

But the Toshiba transistors are not available in my nearest stores. for testing now i am using 2N5401&2N5551 instead of 2SA970&2SC2240. For other two complementary pairs i am using MJE340&MJE350 (sorry its only for testing). The amp works good but i want to match the perfect complementary pair for all the Toshiba transistors.

The transistor terminal changes not a problem, i will make the correction in my PCB design. My question is may i replace the 2SA970&2SC2240 pair with 2N5401&2N5551 permanently. What should be the equivalent transistors for other pairs and it should be easily available in market. Please give me a solution. Thank you.

Regards
Udhay
I try to use most available parts, and use design witch performance is independent of special parts. 2SA/2SC can be permanently replace with 2N, and you can replace other transistor, but try to maching hfe for simetry,
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 10:08 PM   #283
apexaudio is offline apexaudio  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Can you post pictures, and what speakers you use?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 11:43 PM   #284
apexaudio is offline apexaudio  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihailo View Post
Thanks.
I need schematics because I don't know where to connect output,voltage,...
it's not marked on pcb.
Regards
This can help...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APEX HV350 PSU.jpg (432.6 KB, 1762 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 02:17 PM   #285
mihailo is offline mihailo  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Serbia
Thank you so much Apex.
I'LL do PCB tomorrow, and post pictures.
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 03:05 PM   #286
Cambe is offline Cambe
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: USA,NorthCarolina
Hi,
I have a few questions about PSU-7.
What is it ? (features)
Where is the bottom side of the PCB, to make one.

Thanks,
Cambe
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 04:15 PM   #287
apexaudio is offline apexaudio  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambe View Post
Hi,
I have a few questions about PSU-7.
What is it ? (features)
Where is the bottom side of the PCB, to make one.

Thanks,
Cambe
Post #122
Regards
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 12:14 PM   #288
udhay_cit is offline udhay_cit  India
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexaudio View Post
Can you post pictures, and what speakers you use?

Sorry for the very low quality pictures....

I am using DAINTY WOOFER

12" - 8Ω / ~240W
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (335.8 KB, 1536 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (307.8 KB, 1305 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (284.8 KB, 1170 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (299.7 KB, 1054 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (356.0 KB, 469 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 02:30 PM   #289
najjachi is offline najjachi
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
hi apex it's me agin. can you post new picture of PCB of HV350.2 for print because some points on the PCB are in brown color example the points of the output transistors.
Regards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 03:24 PM   #290
apexaudio is offline apexaudio  Serbia
diyAudio Member
 
apexaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by udhay_cit View Post
Sorry for the very low quality pictures....

I am using DAINTY WOOFER

12" - 8Ω / ~240W
Look nice, but you must put driver transistors on heatsink with outputs, drivers work with 30mA bias and must be on heatsink. Better use some TO220 for drivers.
Regards

Last edited by apexaudio; 14th July 2010 at 03:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IRFP240&IRFP9240 power amplifier schematic mos Solid State 31 26th June 2012 09:21 AM
IRFP240 / IRFP9240 MOSFETs danieljw Swap Meet 8 4th July 2009 02:51 AM
Wtb: Irfp240 / Irfp9240 folkeb Swap Meet 1 10th March 2009 11:18 AM
IRFP240 + IRFP9240 -- pairs jackinnj Swap Meet 1 2nd June 2006 03:22 AM
IRFP240 and IRFP9240 Wanted richeros Swap Meet 1 9th November 2002 01:38 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio
Wiki