Counterfit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fake parts

Bawang,

I share your sentiments. Its very difficult to get real 2SA1320/2SC3281s in Malaysia. Those fom China looks and performs real lousy. I know the vendors very well and they told me that the regional distributors are hardly bringing in any more real ones because firstly, these numbers has been discontinued by Toshiba and the real ones cost more than double! Anyway, Toshiba had come up with a more rugged set, the 2SA1943/2SA5200 which is even better. As these are not so popular yet, the real ones are readily available at reasonable prices and the copycats are not in the act yet. BTW, also steer clear of Chinese/Taiwanese/Indian Mosfets that does not carry well know brands!

ckt

ckt, yeah, I've stocked up on the 2SA1943/C5200 sets since early this year. Real ones are quite readily available here in Sabah and I've stashed away about 10 pairs. Quite an investment though....... My wife's grumbling about the amount of money I spent on these 'black pieces of plastic'....... Hee Hee...

small signal transistors?

I have a nagging feeling I'm asking another stupid question that will get me flamed again.:rolleyes:

Anyways, are there many counterfeits of the small-signal variety also? I am asking because all the ones I see mentioned in this thread seem to be the output stage type, where the counterfeiters would have the greatest profits due to the cost of the original parts.

The small signal ones I am interested in using for my design are the 2n5401/2n5551 type. I was keen on picking up 100s of them through the surplus houses before I read this thread.:mad:

2sc3264/2sa1295 Counterfit ?

2SC3264/2SA1295 in MT200 case [Sanken] are the best choise for bipolar power tranzistor ( in my opinion ) .
I saw this recentlyin other case ( TO247 ) from a obscure manufacturer and I don't know if that is real or counterfit.

Happy new year to all members of this forum !

Best regards,
djdan

Silverpike:

I recently bought 100 pieces of MPS8599s from Allelectronics;
I needed some for my Leach amplifier upgrade and I was told
that OnSemi (Motorola) no longer makes this part. The appearance of the devices was consistent with older Motorola
parts and testing on a curve tracer didn't suggest any problems.
I hope this constitutes a lifetime buy but I'm tempted to buy
another 100.

In past years I've heard rumors of substandard small signal
transistors. At one time I had a batch of 2N5210s and 2N5087s
that weren't Motorola parts and a couple either failed the
curve tracer or eventually died in-circuit; I think they were marked
as being made by Fairchild. I finally went to the higher voltage
parts that Leach recommended.

There's no absolutely certain way of knowing what
you're going to get through a surplus outlet, so it's probably
a good idea to buy some samples and test them.

djdan:

Thanks for the lead on the Sanken devices; I've added them to
my list of candidates for future projects.

Curve Tracer for me!!!!!!

Damon, my next Christmas wish will be a curve tracer....... and a Audio Spectrum Analyser too....if ever anybody out there can sponsor me......

For the time being, I'm limited to a (good) Fluke 87 DMM, a decent 'scope' and (get this!) a General Radio Company signal generator (tubes! I bought this from an auction by my university during my days there).

Santa, pls listen, my next wish is.........

Grataku,

You make a great investment with your 2SC3264/2SA1295.
You can used this devices in this configuration (it is best solutions in my opinion) :

Build 4 power amplifiers AB class [ +/- 42V ; 75W/8 ohm , 125w/4 ohm , 200w/2ohm] and mount in bridge mode. You have now a super stereo amplifier with this performance:
2 x 250w/8ohm or if you want a little noise for a cooling fan you can have 2 x 400w/4ohm .

I have an amplifier in this configuration and the sound it is best
I've heard.
If you can make a good power supply [1500VA , 140A bridge rectifier (4 x 35A) and 4x2x8x2200uF/63v) you will have a 800 - 1200$ USD amplifier.

For my project I has used the best schematic witch I know in this moment : Motorola AN1308 100w amplifier.

Best regards,
Djdan
djdan40@hotmail.com

P.S. Please ignore my poor english language !

Here is a good thing about Dalbani though. I bought two amps, one a 12V w/EQ, the other a nice, full-size, fairly high-power type for home or field. The prices were very good, and I have been very happy with both of them. They are both Pyramid makes. Pyramid has certainly come a long way in terms of product quality.

Oh, pardon more opinions. MCM Electronics has been a good source for various items. I purchased 8" Ultimate woofers (high excursion) from them, the best value for a speaker I have found anywhere, for $25 each. I think those woofers were discounted in price a lot because the flexible lead going from the frame to the voice coil was not positioned properly for maximum cone excursion. After I pushed those leads into the proper position, I tested them successfully for undistorted full excursion. I also like the 8" aluminum cone dual voice coil woofers I got from them for an excellent price. MCM is a big compny which stocks probably more products than anyone, so it helps to know what you are looking for and to expect that they don't know everything about their products. but if you remember that, you can do very well with them. In case of problems, I have experienced good customer service from them also I have been their customer since the mid '80's.

Likewise, Dalbani was also willing to provide good customer service for me. They also don't know everything about their products, but were willing to try to accomodate me when the guage of speaker wire I received was less than advertised. bottom line: you can't have it all, it is best to remember that it may be wise to accept the bad with the good. :)

any rumors of fake 2SK216 & 2SJ79 MOSFETs?

well ...

i finally ran out of my stash of these old Hitachi parts.

so, i bought some new ones from bxxxx, whom i've gotten good stuff from before.
the new ones don't look anything like the old ones except they have the basic TO220 package shape.
no green or black plastic indicative of polarity, no Hitachi or Renasas logo, etc.

so, what do you think?

or, do you know something i don't know yet ...

:rolleyes: :confused: :bawling: :(

it will be a few weeks before i can test them.

mlloyd1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.