Class A electronics ban?? fact or fiction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it has to do with the larger bandwidth of light produced by incandescence bulbs compared to fluorescent.

It is easy to see and compare spectrums using simple optical devices. Try and compare. All modern artificial electric lights except incondencent one have few tiny strips that when mixed give a look of white light, but actually it is not white!
Our brain needs sunlight to function properly. Light of incandescent lamps is different from sun light, but it is closer to sunlight than all other artificial light sources.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just ban these Class A electrons at the power station?
That would immediately increase the efficiency of all existing devices on the grid.
Don't you worry a ground wire might some day contaminate ground water with
these Class A electrons? And what then the cost of cleanup?

Hey buddy, watch where you slinging those leptons! Do you even know where
that things been?

Last edited:
Waste of energy, now a days, is criminal.

If people do not have conscience, should be forced not to waste.

Some places are producing too much smoke...i am breathing, also my son and daugther, my wife and whole family.... i do not produce smoke or waste of energy...my lamps are electronic, also i have timer for them....lamps are "on" in the rooms i am living and needing some ligth...or they will be off.

I do not burn trash, or garbage, i do not produce fire not to produce smoke, also i do not use electricity while making barbecue.

My car motor size is 1 litter..... moved by alcohol (Ethanol)....we go to work with more than one person inside the car, not to waste..also we share the fuel costs... we do that since early seventies, while other places are building enormous cars, big V8 engines, crowdy transit...wasting a lot...keeping home ligths on, even not beeing at home..building ligths on even not working in the building...and generating energy using oil.

Those guys, even having not conscience, are trying to kill me and kill the whole planet.

We do not have this control, yet, but we should have in near future, because it is a need, an urgent need, for our own survival.

To be waiting people to have social conscience...or to think their behavior will produce harm in others..well....some have....many do not have.

I do not accept people burning fire (leaves) because lazy to collect in garbage can or to let them help plants producing organic food to plants... turning land more rich, not removing leaves..... leaves are food for other plants and some small animals (bacteria, micro organisms)...i use to call police when i see... having chance i ask the one to finish with the fire.

Class A amplifiers should be used during winter..will substitute heaters for cold countries... and avoided, or switched to AB or B, during summer.

An old myth about Class A that sounds better....less crossover distortion for sure..but what about compression, loss of treble and dinamics...compare it with a good AB to see if really means an advantage..you can compare using the power your AB will not operating class A (bias)..while the other is hot...listen carefully.... call others to listen, produce A to B testing..blind one if you cannot trust in your evaluation (too much biased...as is normal to find in our communitty)...you gonna be surprised how many myths will disappear if you test them.

I remember, in 2005 i have built a JLH, using capacitance multiplier... very hot and nice sound amplifier.... i was loving it..... then i have built an Aksa... and compared.....man!.... was a shame to the JLH.... i would never realise that without compare... same speaker, same audio source..test by yourself your own beliefs.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Class A amplifiers should be used during winter..will substitute heaters for cold countries... and avoided, or switched to AB or B, during summer.
I agree.
I could go further and say that if the ambient temperature is reaching the level where the air conditioning might need to be put on then that is time to switch off all ClassA power amplifiers.

ClassA Power and air conditioning must be the among the biggest of environmental sins.

It sounds like just a silly urban legend trying to get started. There's plenty of electronics that 'consumes full power at idle', including almost all digital that will never be outlawed.

LOL. This thread is still going. First of all Lots has happened to digital electronics since the 70's and as a result anything with a CPU or MCU has an extremely dynamic power supply load. So dynamic that multiphase PWM power supplies are being used for the core voltage to handle both the current step speeds and the average level.

On a slightly different note, off the top of my head, there is more power lost in class A signal electronics all over the world than the total of all prized class A audio output sections. Even though battery life requirements and cheap high performance class B, A/B amplifier ICs is phasing that out, it will probably remain true for quite a while.

Lastly from me, Dad Burned gaming PCs and consoles will probably make more heat in 2010 than class A audio circuits have since 2000.

Dad Burned gaming PCs and consoles will probably make more heat in 2010 than class A audio circuits have since 2000.

Well said ! :p

p.s. It seems to me that government regulations are only needed where market forces fail to achieve balance. Energy is sold too cheaply, add the real cost of it's impact on the environment and let things take their course....

Hopefully they are banned as they a waste if time! But no the police will not be knocking on doors investigating class A amplifier usage. It will however most probably be banned for commercial products. In the UK standby has to be less than half a watt and will have to go not standby after 30mins or so if the unit is not being used.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.