Help wanted in geelong

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
HELP ME?????
Hi. First admission I am considering myself incompetent when it comes to this side of audio.
But I need a high current amplifier for a particular application and was hoping some-one in this area would be willing to help with the build.

Time is money but money is in short supply, how-ever i have accululated some of the major high cost components and I'm not really fussy about the cosmetics of the final product ( SWMBO may disagree ) and springing a few dollars for a nice chassis is feasible.

I have plenty of big heat-sinks; some largish capacitors;
they are NOS ( 35k 63V 80C)
a pair of 500VA toroidals from Jaycar,
#MF2146
50-0- 50V * 5 Amps
I just need to be able to drive 3 * 8R woofers in parallel for a nominal load of 2.6ohms ( I think actual load will be higher but don't want to take the chance ) will need to be stereo or two mono-blocks to drive an ELS subwoofer, power handling needs are modest but as much as I can get out of 500VA obviously

If needed I can swap the 2 toroids I have for something more suitable if the builder wants

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.