Dh200 hum?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,I have a dh200 that i have been listening to for uite sometime problem free.Last nite it burnt R22 22k ohm resistor on left channel,replaced resistor and now have sever HUM from both channels.If there is anybody out there that could point me in the direction of what could possibly cause this I would greatly appreciate you advice.

Mike Reyes

R22 is the feedback resistor in one channel. If it has blown this it is likely that either there is oscillation or one of the MOSFETs has blown.

Has the amp had it's power supply capacitors renewed, or are they still the originals? If they are the originals they are probably long overdue for replacement.

Yes I replaced the two 10,000 uf power supply caps and bridge rectifier sometime back.I replaced them with 33,000uf cornells,also I didn't mention that both channels hum with no inputs connected.I also desoldered each channel from power supply to see if it was one or the other,no change.I only recently installed a 5ohm thermister to help with inrush.Is it possible that it is the tranny and if so how do i test for this.

Thanks again Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.